Re: Q&A[Scanned]

  • Robert Powell
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 11, 2006
      Sorry but all this is based on a faulty assumption - that only
      paramounts can give rise to paramounts. Felice's parents for
      instance were not operants at all and nobody could doubt her
      armamentum. It works the other way as well too; look at Diamond
      Mask's brother - whose name escapes me - as near as latent as makes
      no difference yet Diamond Mask was damn near a world shaker.

      Parentage is only an indication of a childs abilities, that mixed up
      gene-pool of ours makes it a very poor science.

      Given the Remillard wild-card and the (Was her last name Donavan?)
      contribution to the operant community, not to mention the in utero
      development there is no reason why Rogi children - should he choose
      to have them - wouldn't be pretty damn powerful.

      As to whether he would choose to have them, people in love often
      change their minds - hell I knew that I didn't have what it takes to
      be a dad - and even less desire to find out for certain - from a
      early as my teenage years, yet here I am in my forties and a happier
      dad you wouldn't find.

      Love makes fools of us all and makes past decisions errelevant.

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Tofield"
      <ted.tofield@...> wrote:

      > but doesn't your heart tell you that Rogi has a greater armamentum
      > albeit latent?
      >

      > Ted
      >

      > ________________________________

      Timmins
      > Sent: 11 July 2006 10:54
      > To: Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Q&A[Scanned]
      >

      > > 3) I believe that Rogi's latent abilities are far greater than
      Don's
      > operant ones
      >
      > But then how big were Don's latent abilities? We are not comparing
      > Apples with Apples when we compare operant powers against latent
      ones.
      > What matters is that what is the individual capable of given the
      right
      > impetus and training. Rogi was clearly able access certain latent
      > powers given the right conditions. This is partially down to, I am
      > sure, just the kind of person he was, which was a very different to
      > Don's. But had Don the discipline to try out some of the things
      Rogi
      > did, then who know what he would have been capable of. He did
      after all
      > father Denis, who was one of the mnost powerful human's ever to
      live.

      > Cheers
      >
      > Padraig

    • timmypaddins
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 11, 2006
        Don't think I actually suggested that only Paramounts give rise to
        Paramounts. Indeed Don wasn't a paramount, but he clearly gave rise
        to Denis and Victor (who was probably a paramount too) as I
        mentioned.

        The point is you can't tell either way. Weak meta-psychics can
        create strong meta-psychics and vice versa. The only thing one can
        say is that there is a general trend towards operancy, which
        cumulated for Mankind in the GM Universe in 2083 when we achieve
        Unity (although no where near 100% population operancy). And also
        there is a general trend towards each generation being stronger than
        the last, which therefore allows for Paramounts being born to
        anyone, as Diamond was.

        I don't see any reason why Rogi's children wouldn't be powerful.
        Equally I ca see that they could be total latent flunkouts. After
        all Diamond's father was the son of a Grandmaster and he was totally
        latent. Given that Rogi is weak (no come on, in the grand scheme of
        things, he is weak, except when JM needs him to do something
        extraordinary) and Elaine (THAT's her name!) was sub-operant, and
        taking the above trends into account, I don't see why there children
        would be any better than Elaine's daughter Anita(?), who was nothing
        special at all. But they could, I suppose, produce another Denis.
        I just think the chances of that are so remote as to be not worth
        thinking about.

        Cheers

        Padster
      • Ted Tofield
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 11, 2006
          I'd also consider that the in-utero training common in a Unified society would raise the chances of operancy for Rogi and Elaine's children greatly.

           Ted

[...]

          This email has been virus checked by Sophos Anti-Virus

          Forthcoming events:

          http://www.plumpton.ac.uk/pages/calendar/cal/cal.htm

          Find us here:

          http://www.plumpton.ac.uk/pages/Homepages/contact.asp?FCID=15&DEP=99

          DISCLAIMER: This communication represents the originator's personal
          views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of Plumpton College.
          Please delete immediately if you have received this message in error.
        • dellisdblk
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 23, 2007
            Hi All,
            Aren't we forgetting that childhood mumps made Rogi sterile?
            Or do you think he'd go into a re-gen tank? Or get fixed by the Family
            Ghost?

            Would he really want kids of his own? Methinks not!
          • dellisdblk
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 24, 2007
              ...or was it measles?

              --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "dellisdblk" <dellis@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi All,
              > Aren't we forgetting that childhood mumps made Rogi sterile?
              > Or do you think he'd go into a re-gen tank? Or get fixed by the Family
              > Ghost?
              >
              > Would he really want kids of his own? Methinks not!

            • cleomadjai
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 25, 2007
                Wasn't Theresa, Marc's mother, Anita's daughter? And she was no slouch
                in the meta department. Maybe Rogi could have helped the Remillard
                Dynasty along, but after his experiences with all the Remillard
                children, I wouldn't blame him if decided to avoid the whole issue (no
                pun intended). At least 4 of them (Hydra) tried to kill him and the
                others embroiled him in their plots and plans.

                Cleomadjai