Updated website

  • Robert Powell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
      Greetings all, two things I have to offer:

      First; it's been a while since I've updated my personal website -
      the joys of becoming a new dad at 40 - so I'm afraid I missed the
      fact that several subfolders had become corrupt, including my old
      Julian May Gallery.

      It is now live again - not that anybody bothered to tell me it was
      dead . . , hummph, humph, mutter mumble :-) - and for those of you
      keeping your own links:

      http://www.bobpowell.co.uk/julianmay/index.htm

      Should see you right.

      Secondly; just to open up the discussion a little - should anybody
      still be lurking via email (no beggar is posting that's for certain)
      how about a list of favourite loose ends from the exiles/milieu. My
      own opening list is:

      1) How does Mercy's daughter marry?
      2) What happens to little Dagdal?
      3) How did Marc become a Lylmik?
      4) Are the Lylmik descended from the Duat race or the Ship race?
      5) Just who the fe'k is Dougal!!?

      Slonshal to all

      Bob The Bird God
    • Tauni Sandy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
        Checking out your web site, thank heavens to see some traffic besides
        spammers on this list. So as to encourage traffic to continue, I thought
        I'd take a crack at one of your discussion questions.

        > 4) Are the Lylmik descended from the Duat race or the Ship race?
        My opinion/understanding is that they developed independently in
        separate galaxies. The Ships and Duat are far older than the Lylmik, and
        it's true they have traveled the distance from their galaxy to ours
        once, so maybe they did again. However, Marc found the Lylmik after he
        left Duat, and I see no need for them to be related any more than that.
        Convergent evolution has been seen many times, even on our tiny planet. :-)

        Tauni

        Robert Powell wrote:
        > Greetings all, two things I have to offer:
        >
        > First; it's been a while since I've updated my personal website -
        > the joys of becoming a new dad at 40 - so I'm afraid I missed the
        > fact that several subfolders had become corrupt, including my old
        > Julian May Gallery.
        >
        > It is now live again - not that anybody bothered to tell me it was
        > dead . . , hummph, humph, mutter mumble :-) - and for those of you
        > keeping your own links:
        >
        > http://www.bobpowell.co.uk/julianmay/index.htm
        >
        > Should see you right.
        >
        > Secondly; just to open up the discussion a little - should anybody
        > still be lurking via email (no beggar is posting that's for certain)
        > how about a list of favourite loose ends from the exiles/milieu. My
        > own opening list is:
        >
        > 1) How does Mercy's daughter marry?
        > 2) What happens to little Dagdal?
        > 3) How did Marc become a Lylmik?
        > 4) Are the Lylmik descended from the Duat race or the Ship race?
        > 5) Just who the fe'k is Dougal!!?
        >
        > Slonshal to all
        >
        > Bob The Bird God

      • Robert Powell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2006
          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Tauni Sandy
          <wuggamom@...> wrote:

          > Checking out your web site, thank heavens to see some traffic
          besides
          > spammers on this list. So as to encourage traffic to continue, I
          thought
          > I'd take a crack at one of your discussion questions.
          >
          > > 4) Are the Lylmik descended from the Duat race or the Ship race?
          > My opinion/understanding is that they developed independently in
          > separate galaxies. The Ships and Duat are far older than the
          Lylmik, and
          > it's true they have traveled the distance from their galaxy to
          ours
          > once, so maybe they did again. However, Marc found the Lylmik
          after he
          > left Duat, and I see no need for them to be related any more than
          that.
          > Convergent evolution has been seen many times, even on our tiny
          planet. :-)

          > Tauni

          Not certain if that's true - personally I think the Ships have more
          to do with it then they're saying - but even if you're correct it
          leaves another loose end or indeed a couple of them:

          1) How/When does Marc find the ancestoral Lylmik

          2) How does he become one!!?

          <snip>