New Trilogy from JM

  • niallperry@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2001
      I just saw on amazon.co.uk that there is a new trilogy due to be
      published by JM in August 2002 called "Boreal Moon Trilogy", I checked
      out Randonhouse and Voyager Books, but couldn't find anything about
      it, so I hope it's not a bum steer.

      It's great news, if it's true. I've been racking my brain thinking of
      what it might be about,

      1. continuation of Rampart, (unlikely)
      2. more exiles or milieu, (again unlikely, but wouldn't it be great)
      3. something along the lines of Trillium, not related but similar,
      (this is the most likely I think)

      So has anybody and views or knowledge of this new trilogy?

      Happy St Patricks Day everyone...

      Niall
    • nicolel@iconz.co.nz
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2001
        >I just saw on amazon.co.uk that there is a new trilogy due to be
        >published by JM in August 2002 called "Boreal Moon Trilogy", I checked
        >out Randonhouse and Voyager Books, but couldn't find anything about
        >it, so I hope it's not a bum steer.
        >
        >It's great news, if it's true. I've been racking my brain thinking of
        >what it might be about,
        >
        >1. continuation of Rampart, (unlikely)
        >2. more exiles or milieu, (again unlikely, but wouldn't it be great)
        >3. something along the lines of Trillium, not related but similar,
        >(this is the most likely I think)
        >
        >So has anybody and views or knowledge of this new trilogy?
        >
        >Happy St Patricks Day everyone...
        >
        >Niall

        Hi Niall,

        Wow, a new book trilogy? This is news to me but good news if it's true.
        Since Del Rey publishes her books I'll make a note to ask them what they know.

        While it would be nice to think these books are new Milieu adventures I
        doubt it, as she had said in an interview there wouldn't be any more
        <mournful look>. It will probably be a new work (and nothing wrong with that!).

        "Your angel with a fiery sword is laying the groundwork for war"
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18, 2001
          --- niallperry@... wrote:
          > I just saw on amazon.co.uk that there is a new
          > trilogy due to be
          > published by JM in August 2002 called "Boreal Moon
          > Trilogy",
          > So has anybody and views or knowledge of this new
          > trilogy?

          Haven't heard anything about this to date and all my
          searches have come up -ve unfortunately. Who would of
          thought there would be so many matches for 'julian may
          boreal moon book' with absolutely no ref to our JM?
          My suspicions though are that it would be like the
          MacCaffrey Tower and the Hive series, a space-station
          type outpost on a Return of the Jedi wooded moon. A
          few major characters on the site, doesn't sound like
          it is going to have such a far-reaching galactic
          emphasis as the other three series with a title like
          that (cf Rampart Worlds or Galactic Milieu - series
          titles don't get much grander).
          I have emailed Del Rey though since they published her
          last few books and hopefully they will get back to us
          in the next few months.

          > Happy St Patricks Day everyone...
          > Niall

          We need one of Nicolette's qtes from the St Patrick's
          day party scene on Orb in DM!

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2001
            Just as an update, I haven't heard anything further from DelRey or
            Voyager (who are the most recent JM publishers) about Boreal Moon.
            Anyone else heard anything?
            Looks like we might just have to wait and find out....

            Leda