Re: the reptilian agenda

  • felicejayne
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
      Yes, I tend to go for options 6, 8 and 10 myself - poor old David
      Icke!

      However, I find it interesting to think about this in the context of
      Propp's narrative analysis and other literary theories that suggest
      there are a limited number of original plot lines in the world.
      Also, in the context of shared folk memories where the same tales of
      fairies and demons turn up in lots of different cultures - this is
      something that I remember being a theme in the books. What is so
      appealing about these recurring stories? I think it's partly
      a "seeking for something greater" as you say, Padraig. I think it's
      also that May has been very clever in drawing on lots of existing
      myths and giving them a twist that gives the reader a fake sense of
      de ja vu.

      What does everyone else think?

      Regards,
      Felicejayne

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Padraig Timmins
      <timmypaddins@f...> wrote:
      > Ahh yes! The Reptilian Agenda and the Raelian's. Lunatics all!
      > A bit off topic, but always good for a laugh. One could even
      mention the name David Ike now, but that may be going too far, as he
      is clearly insane and any discussion of him lends too much credence
      to his existence, let alone his beliefs.
      > You have of course left off options that can fill slots 4
      to...well whatever number you care to go to. These people could be:
      (4) Stupid, (5) Desperately seeking for something greater than
      themselves whilst missing the magnificence of our own existence and
      being to dim to realise that fact is stranger and much better than
      fiction (the fiction being their religion), (6) Stupid, (7) Wilfully
      ignorant, (8) Stupid, (9) As Hubbard and his Church of Scientology
      was/is - Just in it for the money, (10) Stupid, etc.
      > Cheers
      > Padster

      > Message date : Jun 01 2005, 03:36 AM
      > From : "felicejayne"
      > To : Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
      > Copy to :
      > Subject : [Julian-May-discuss] the reptilian agenda
      > Hi again,
      >
      > Sorry if I'm mentioning something that's been discussed way back
      > when, but is anyone familiar with the concept of the "Reptilian
      > Agenda" which seems to be linked to the Raelian religious sect?
      >
      > Some of this group seem to believe that aliens have mated with
      > humans, producing hybrids with the relatively rare rhesus negative
      > blood groups and other traits like superior intelligence,"hyper
      > vision and other senses" (www.reptilianagenda.com/research) and an
      > extra vertebraor or residual tail(?). Rhesus negative blood is
      most
      > commonly found amongst basque and celtic peoples. Anything
      sounding
      > familiar...?
      >
      > Personally, the theory seems a bit nuts to me. Something tells me
      > that(1) these people have read some Julian May books and have
      > subconciously turned fiction into fact, or(2)that the idea of the
      > alien race among our ancestors is such an archetypal plot line
      that
      > it pops up all over the place, or (3) perhaps Julian May was a
      > Raelian? The theme seems a juicy one, though.
      >
      > Certainly, I remember when I first read the Saga of the Exiles it
      > struck some chords in me as if I'd known it already.
      >
      > Perhaps someone else has a theory on this?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Felicejayne
      >
      > (PS I'm Rhesus Negative with Celtic roots - oh how I
      wish...!)

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Service.

      > --
      >
      > Whatever you Wanadoo:
      > http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/

      at: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm
    • Marcelo Pereira
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
        Do you mean a bunch of people with a French leader that:

        a) chose his nom de guerre after the central character of The Lamb Lies
        Down On Broadway (but he denies it)

        b) claims that clonation will give us eternal life (with a little alien
        trick to "transfer" our personalities to our clones)

        c) wants the international community to give him a piece of land in
        Jerusalem (where people kill for a square inch) to build an "embassy" and
        receive alien ships.

        I really can't imagine JM as a raelian, simply because she obviously is an
        intelligent person. And she surely has invented better stories.

        Marcelo

        Message: 4

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
          Wow! The more I hear about the Raelians the more bizarre it gets.

          Sorry I didn't make myself as clear as I could have - I wasn't
          trying to accuse Julian May of being a nutter, Marcelo. What I'm
          particularly interested in is what is so appealing about stories
          involving alien or magical ancestors mixed into the bloodline,
          whether this is an archetypal plot-line and how May managed to draw
          on myths and legends like this to really strike a chord with the
          reader.

          Regards,
          Felicejayne

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Marcelo Pereira

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005

            My first thought was that it sounds like the people behind this
            'Reptilian Agenda' have been watching too many tapes of that 80's
            series 'V' - y'know, reptilian aliens pretending to be humanoid <grin>.

            There are certainly some strange people out there...

            --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "felicejayne"
            <lmcdevitt@t...> wrote:
            > Hi again,
            >
            > Sorry if I'm mentioning something that's been discussed way back
            > when, but is anyone familiar with the concept of the "Reptilian
            > Agenda" which seems to be linked to the Raelian religious sect?
            >
            > Some of this group seem to believe that aliens have mated with
            > humans, producing hybrids with the relatively rare rhesus negative
            > blood groups and other traits like superior intelligence,"hyper
            > vision and other senses" (www.reptilianagenda.com/research) and an
            > extra vertebraor or residual tail(?). Rhesus negative blood is most
            > commonly found amongst basque and celtic peoples. Anything sounding
            > familiar...?
            >
            > Personally, the theory seems a bit nuts to me. Something tells me
            > that(1) these people have read some Julian May books and have
            > subconciously turned fiction into fact, or(2)that the idea of the
            > alien race among our ancestors is such an archetypal plot line that
            > it pops up all over the place, or (3) perhaps Julian May was a
            > Raelian? The theme seems a juicy one, though.
            >
            > Certainly, I remember when I first read the Saga of the Exiles it
            > struck some chords in me as if I'd known it already.
            >
            > Perhaps someone else has a theory on this?
            >
            > Regards,
            > Felicejayne
            >
            > (PS I'm Rhesus Negative with Celtic roots - oh how I wish...!)
          • OLIVER MUNDY
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
              On JM and the idea of a reptilian influence on human development: -
              Somehow it is difficult to imagine our author as a devotee of any particular
              sect; she takes her good wherever she finds it, and while she does
              undoubtedly make use of some eccentric but briefly fashionable ideas, such
              as the tales of the Hidden Land of Agharta (Sukey's main motive for going
              into Exile) or Erich von Däniken's 'Gods from Outer Space' ideas, she does
              so with a humorous detachment that robs them of all their portentous
              self-importance. Incidentally, one of von Däniken's books was originally
              published in German as 'Erinnerungen aus der Zukunft' (literally 'Memories
              of the Future') - a phrase which seems to express rather neatly the curious
              temporal relationship between the Saga of the Exiles and the Milieu Trilogy,
              or indeed that between Unifex and you-know-who.

              The notion of a humanoid race influenced in its development by a
              long-dead reptilian strain appears in a wonderful book which I am sure some
              people here must know: Mary Gentle's 'Golden Witchbreed'.

              Oliver Mundy.