Ironcrown Moon

  • Cleomadjai
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 14, 2005
      Hi all, I have just read Ironcrown Moon.  I thought it was excellent.  Not quite the Remillard saga but still very good.  Has anyone else read it? What do you think?  I found it disconcerting the way you go from supporting some characters like Conrig, in the beginning of the Conquerer's Moon to being quite horrified by them by the end of IM.  And the way some 'people' aren't who they appear to be.  I have fears for Gossy too.

      The 'pain eaters' I think were once tax collectors and perhaps still are in this world.

      Well, let me know.

      Cleo

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 18, 2005
        Hi Cleo,

        Well, it's a new year already (looks around in bemusement to see where
        the holidays went).

        I haven't read Ironcrown Moon as yet but I do have it reserved at my
        local library. Although I really wasn't that impressed by the first
        book, I have heard various good things about the second one. Your
        opinion of it is surely a good sign as well <g>.

        Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
        around the sun.

        On 14/01/2005 10:26 p.m., Cleomadjai wrote:
        > Hi all, I have just read Ironcrown Moon. I thought it was excellent.
        > Not quite the Remillard saga but still very good. Has anyone else read
        > it? What do you think? I found it disconcerting the way you go from
        > supporting some characters like Conrig, in the beginning of
        > the Conquerer's Moon to being quite horrified by them by the end of IM.
        > And the way some 'people' aren't who they appear to be. I have fears
        > for Gossy too.
        >
        > The 'pain eaters' I think were once tax collectors and perhaps still are
        > in this world.
        >
        > Well, let me know.
        >
        > Cleo

      • Cleomadjai
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 19, 2005
          Hi Nic, yes, I agree the first one was a bit dodgy - but I enjoyed the second one much more.  I read an interesting review on this site that encouraged me to ask Santa for the book for christmas and I'm glad I did.  Pity we live so far apart or I would lend it to you.   Now I can't wait for the 3rd - which I suspect will be called Blossom Moon by the amount of times that was mentioned.  But hurry and read it so we can discuss it without giving spoilers away.

          Cleo

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/FIyolB/TM

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 25, 2005
            Hi Cleo,

            I got 'Ironcrown Moon' from the library last week and have finished it.
            I can't say I'm tempted to actually buy it now but it was a better
            read than the first one and things certainly picked up towards the end.

            As always I think JM goes to incredible detail when she writes a story
            and it can be hard to point to characters and say they're 100% good / bad.

            I can see why you thought the third book would be Blossom Moon (grin).