Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Marcs twin

  • Geoff Norfolk
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 23, 2004
      I did notice when I first read the series that Paul and Teresa named all their boy children after the authors of the 'accepted' new testement gospels, spelt the Franco way of course...Mathew, Marc, Luke and John...obviously they felt their children were 'good news'!

      Merry Yule to everyone on the lists, lurking,active,semi-active,whatever....

      Regards Helen
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 25, 2004
        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Norfolk"
        <g.norfolk@n...> wrote:

        > Merry Yule to everyone on the lists, lurking,active,semi-
        active,whatever....

        Ditto, and Happy Holidays, duck the solstice blues (those of you in
        the Antipodes may merely smile and slather on more PDF lotion)... for
        those who'd like to get better acquainted with the Kwanzaa spirit,
        have a look at the wonderful Ugandan kente cloth patterns, and the
        wonderful heroic legends and symbols woven into them at
        http://www.ghana.com/republic/kente/kente.html
        oh, and don't let Brian Froud's recently rampant goblins get you on
        what they like to call Poxing Day. Has everyone caught the news that
        Terry Jones (shades of Monty Python!) and Froud are collaborating on
        a new and much naughtier version of `Lady Cottington's Pressed
        Fairy Book'? Boggarts every one ... www.worldoffroud.com

        Here began a Marc's twin post, but I had to move it to my word
        processor and am up to four pages and still not through <ack> ... Has
        to do with infantile defenses and Fury's in utero attacks, among
        others ... will post in stages when I am through

        alix
      • Gillian Riley
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 26, 2004
          and a merry merry toyou as well!!!

          4 pages!!! Hooray something to read on my interminable holiday break!

          Gillian

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 26, 2004
            Well, I am certainly looking forward to your post, especially if it is
            four pages....or more by now? (grin)

            Happy holidays to you and all - here in New Zealand after a miserable
            and stormy December (summer? what's that?) there is actually blue sky
            and sunshine today. This must be investigated further....

            --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "P.D. Whitener"
            <alixnc@y...> wrote:

            > Here began a Marc's twin post, but I had to move it to my word
            > processor and am up to four pages and still not through <ack> ... Has
            > to do with infantile defenses and Fury's in utero attacks, among
            > others ... will post in stages when I am through
            >
            > alix
          • Gillian Riley
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 26, 2004
              You must have sent it across to us!!! It's cold here today in Oz after
              weeks of lovely weather. (Where I am at least in our fair Nation's capital)

              Gillian

              >From: "Nicolette Lewer" <nicolel@...>
              >To: Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Holiday verbosity & RIP Matthieu
              >Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:44:44 -0000
              >

              >Well, I am certainly looking forward to your post, especially if it is
              >four pages....or more by now? (grin)
              >
              >Happy holidays to you and all - here in New Zealand after a miserable
              >and stormy December (summer? what's that?) there is actually blue sky
              >and sunshine today. This must be investigated further....
              >
              >High Thoughts
              >- Nicolette :-)
              >

              >--- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "P.D. Whitener"
              ><alixnc@y...> wrote:
              >

              > > Here began a Marc's twin post, but I had to move it to my word
              > > processor and am up to four pages and still not through <ack> ... Has
              > > to do with infantile defenses and Fury's in utero attacks, among
              > > others ... will post in stages when I am through
              > >
              > > alix

            • Ian Greely
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 29, 2004
                Todays AWAD word is "renitent" and one of the example usages given was

                "One intuits that the potential for metapsychic calamity still lurks
                within the mind of this highly renitent people."
                Julian May; Jack the Bodiless; Ballantine; 1991.

                Outside of this list; this is my first sighting of a reference to these
                much beloved books in the wider world!

                Small world/small language?

                regards,
                Ian
              • evrhett
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 28 10:45 AM
                  Bob... you have the eye for this! What awesome pics! I espcially
                  love the sunset/beach one! Gorgeous. Hope the scenery was an
                  inspiration for ya (wink wink nudge nudge!). If possible, I would
                  really love to have a copy of that one Poipu Beach 4 and use it as a
                  desktop background if that is okay with you?

                  Thanks for sharing! I must post my pics of Mount Washington Hotel!

                  --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
                  <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
                  > Cheers for that. What beautiful photo's - Bob you are gifted. And
                  what a fabulous place to spend your honeymoon. I found the Spout a
                  bit eerie and I could almost see the Hydra trying to kill Dorothea.

                  > Cleo
                  >
                  > Nicolette Lewer <n.lewer@n...> wrote:
                  >

                  > Hi folks,
                  >
                  > I'm pleased to say that the photos that Our Bob and his wife Clare
                  > took when he was in Kaua'i (in an effort to capture places that
                  fitted
                  > certain scenes from the Exiles books), are now available for viewing
                  > in a file in the 'Photos' folder.
                  >
                  > A text file from Bob that describes said photos is in the 'Files'
                  > folder (it could not be uploaded into the 'Photo's folder).
                  >
                  > I have belated realised though that I was not sent a photo from Bob
                  > that matches the description of 'Waimea Canyon'. If you could send
                  > this particular pic to me Bob then I will upload it for everyones
                  > viewing pleasure.
                  >
                  > Needless to say the photos available for viewing are breathtaking -
                  > congratulations to Bob and Clare! ^_^
                  >

                  > High Thoughts
                  > - Nicolette :-)
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Moving house? Beach bar in Thailand? New Wardrobe? Win £10k with
                  Yahoo! Mail to make your dream a reality.
                • Robert Powell
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 31 3:23 AM
                    --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "evrhett"

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 31 5:19 AM
                      How weird, Yahoo bungs in an advert and takes out my reply…

                      Any hoooo, let's try that again.

                      Hi Evrhett

                      By all means use the sunset 4 piccy as a backdrop – I use the
                      sameone, though I suspect you won't sigh as heavily as me when you
                      boot the PC up. For an arty glory-hound such as myself it pains me
                      to admit the photos in the main were taken by Clare; though I did
                      take all of the sunsets I was mainly using the video camera rather
                      than stills camera. I have cropped and adjusted the photos so that
                      horizons are level and the point of focus isn't distracted but the
                      images are exactly as you see; yes Hawaii really is that beautiful.

                      To be honest when you've scenery and sunsets as beautiful as that,
                      just pointing and clicking the camera gives you a masterpiece,
                      nature takes care of the beauty and grandeur without any assistance
                      from the likes o' me.

                      I'm glad you like the photos; it's interesting to see whether the
                      minds eye, driven by the writer's description is as accurate as the
                      reality isn't it? I remember seeing pictures of New Hampshire and I
                      just knew I could see Paul's house in the distance in one of them!

                      As to whether the scenery `worked' or not - well just as I'm getting
                      used to being a husband, it turns out – much to our surprise - that
                      I'm going to be a dad. Clare is due in early July nearly a year to
                      the week after we got back from honeymoon, so maybe the sunsets,
                      waterfalls, forests, rainbows and sunsets had a slightly delayed
                      reaction. *grin*

                      That by the way is why I'm so beyond in my correspondence –
                      apologies to all those waiting for replies to personal emails – and
                      why I'm lurking instead of contributing. Taking care of a sometimes
                      scared, sometimes joyous, sometimes bewildered, sometimes tearful
                      and all the time wonderful mum-to-be is a full time job – and one I
                      never thought I'd have, so you'll have to excuse me while I enjoy
                      every moment of it. *grin*

                      Joy and highest of thoughts to all

                      Bob

                      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Powell"
                      <pallol@b...> wrote:

                      > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "evrhett"
                      > <mnelson14@h...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Bob... you have the eye for this! What awesome pics! I
                      espcially
                      > > love the sunset/beach one! Gorgeous. Hope the scenery was an
                      > > inspiration for ya (wink wink nudge nudge!). If possible, I
                      would
                      > > really love to have a copy of that one Poipu Beach 4 and use it
                      as
                      > > desktop background if that is okay with you?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for sharing! I must post my pics of Mount Washington
                      Hotel!

                      > > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
                      > > <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
                      > > > Cheers for that. What beautiful photo's - Bob you are
                      gifted.
                      > And
                      > > what a fabulous place to spend your honeymoon. I found the
                      Spout
                      > > bit eerie and I could almost see the Hydra trying to kill
                      Dorothea.

                      > > > Cleo
                      > > >
                      > > > Nicolette Lewer <n.lewer@n...> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > Hi folks,
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm pleased to say that the photos that Our Bob and his wife
                      > Clare
                      > > > took when he was in Kaua'i (in an effort to capture places
                      that
                      > > fitted
                      > > > certain scenes from the Exiles books), are now available for
                      > viewing
                      > > > in a file in the 'Photos' folder.
                      > > >
                      > > > A text file from Bob that describes said photos is in
                      the 'Files'
                      > > > folder (it could not be uploaded into the 'Photo's folder).
                      > > >
                      > > > I have belated realised though that I was not sent a photo
                      from
                      > Bob
                      > > > that matches the description of 'Waimea Canyon'. If you could
                      > send
                      > > > this particular pic to me Bob then I will upload it for
                      everyones
                      > > > viewing pleasure.
                      > > >
                      > > > Needless to say the photos available for viewing are
                      > breathtaking -
                      > > > congratulations to Bob and Clare! ^_^
                      > > >

                      > > > High Thoughts
                      > > > - Nicolette :-)
                      > > >

                      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      > > >

                      > > > ---------------------------------
                      > > > Moving house? Beach bar in Thailand? New Wardrobe? Win £10k
                      with
                      > > Yahoo! Mail to make your dream a reality.
                    • Cleomadjai
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 31 5:37 AM
                        Congratulations to you and Clare!  That is such good news!  Things are really going well for you now.  Do you have any names picked out - eg Marc, Jon, Dorothea??

                        Cleo

                        wrote:

                        > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "evrhett"
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Bob... you have the eye for this! What awesome pics! I
                        espcially
                        > > love the sunset/beach one! Gorgeous. Hope the scenery was an
                        > > inspiration for ya (wink wink nudge nudge!). If possible, I
                        would
                        > > really love to have a copy of that one Poipu Beach 4 and use it
                        as
                        > > desktop background if that is okay with you?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for sharing! I must post my pics of Mount Washington
                        Hotel!

                        > > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
                        > > wrote:
                        > > > Cheers for that. What beautiful photo's - Bob you are
                        gifted.
                        > And
                        > > what a fabulous place to spend your honeymoon. I found the
                        Spout
                        > > bit eerie and I could almost see the Hydra trying to kill
                        Dorothea.

                        > > > Cleo
                        > > >
                        > > > Nicolette Lewer wrote:
                        > > >

                        > > > Hi folks,
                        > > >
                        > > > I'm pleased to say that the photos that Our Bob and his wife
                        > Clare
                        > > > took when he was in Kaua'i (in an effort to capture places
                        that
                        > > fitted
                        > > > certain scenes from the Exiles books), are now available for
                        > viewing
                        > > > in a file in the 'Photos' folder.
                        > > >
                        > > > A text file from Bob that describes said photos is in
                        the 'Files'
                        > > > folder (it could not be uploaded into the 'Photo's folder).
                        > > >
                        > > > I have belated realised though that I was not sent a photo
                        from
                        > Bob
                        > > > that matches the description of 'Waimea Canyon'. If you could
                        > send
                        > > > this particular pic to me Bob then I will upload it for
                        everyones
                        > > > viewing pleasure.
                        > > >
                        > > > Needless to say the photos available for viewing are
                        > breathtaking -
                        > > > congratulations to Bob and Clare! ^_^
                        > > >

                        > > > High Thoughts
                        > > > - Nicolette :-)
                        > > >

                        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                        > > >

                        > > > ---------------------------------
                        > > > Moving house? Beach bar in Thailand? New Wardrobe? Win £10k
                        with
                        > > Yahoo! Mail to make your dream a reality.

                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/FIyolB/TM

                      • Robert Powell
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 31 6:18 AM
                          Thanks Cleo

                          As I'm sure you're aware - being an old timer like meself to this
                          list - we didn't think we'd be able to have children, so the
                          upcoming arrival is little short of amazing to us!

                          As to names; well as you know, the only JM related one in our
                          household is Marcel, the old shaggy-arsed cat himself! Clare might
                          be generous enough to let me choose the JM honeymoon destination but
                          I think she'd physically disable my ability to have other children
                          if I tried naming our first born after a JM character. *grin*

                          Names so far are:

                          Kirsten Elizabeth for a girl

                          and

                          Daniel Frazer for a boy

                          Elizabeth may be JM related, but it belonged to both our mother's
                          first! *grin*

                          regards

                          Bob

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 31 1:20 PM
                            Hi Bob,

                            Congratulations to you and Clare for this happy news - please pass on my
                            best wishes to her! :-) The choice of names sound nice...

                            Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
                            around the sun.

                            On 1/02/2005 3:18 a.m., Robert Powell wrote:

                            > Thanks Cleo
                            >
                            > As I'm sure you're aware - being an old timer like meself to this
                            > list - we didn't think we'd be able to have children, so the
                            > upcoming arrival is little short of amazing to us!
                            >
                            > As to names; well as you know, the only JM related one in our
                            > household is Marcel, the old shaggy-arsed cat himself! Clare might
                            > be generous enough to let me choose the JM honeymoon destination but
                            > I think she'd physically disable my ability to have other children
                            > if I tried naming our first born after a JM character. *grin*
                            >
                            > Names so far are:
                            >
                            > Kirsten Elizabeth for a girl
                            >
                            > and
                            >
                            > Daniel Frazer for a boy
                            >
                            > Elizabeth may be JM related, but it belonged to both our mother's
                            > first! *grin*
                            >
                            > regards
                            >
                            > Bob

                          • evrhett
                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 19, 2005
                              YO Big Daddio-To-Be!

                              As you are busy so am I so sorry for the long absences. First...
                              congrates on getting one past the ol' goalie! YEAH HAWAII!!! That
                              is wonderful news and hearty congratulations, pat on the back and a
                              phantom cigar smoked in your's & Clare's honour! (Note the "U" in
                              honour... yes, I'm Canadian where the meta genes are strong!).
                              Though no kidlets of my own...yet... when lil' ones from the
                              familial gatherings happen at my home, I rather enjoy the pitter
                              patter on the hard wood floors and all the baby talk that goes on.
                              Oh.. the baby talk is from the adults trying to get the lil' ones to
                              perform for them at which they stare blandly back and I'm sure I see
                              a bubble over their heads with the words inside saying what they
                              actually hear... "BLAH BLAH BLAH." All that to say, you will enjoy
                              the babe to be immensely and all that entails, even the poopy
                              diapers and if a boy, the peeing in the eyes and the vomit all over
                              your shirt and head. Yes, even though no kidlets of my own, I have
                              been the doting Uncle/Godfather and babysat and even with all the
                              various stinks and liquid exploding from various parts of the body,
                              nothing like having a lil' one around to love and bring a wonderful
                              spirit of joy and life into the home. CONGRATES and blessings!