Ironcrown Moon

  • Simon Marsh
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, is there anyone still left
      in the UK ?

      I have my copy and its great B-)

      Well, actually, I have two. I got impatient with Amazon waiting for them
      to deliver, so went out and bought it anyway from the local Waterstones.

      So, if any of you jolly foreigners would like a copy before it gets
      released in your local backwater B-), then the first one to cover
      postage gets it.

      Cheers

      Simon
    • Robert Powell
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
        Oh trust me, I'm all too aware of the new book, but my family and
        friends long ago banned me from buying new books in the 3 months up
        to Christmas. It's an old tradition or charter or something to make
        it easier to buy me Christmas presents.

        I am sadly reduced to pointing at book covers and sighing wistfully,
        there are already 6 titles on the list and if I don't them ALL under
        the Christmas tree, then by god there will be trouble by boxing day,
        oh yes full-on Grinch mode will be deployed!

        You know, I really don't like my family and friends at this time of
        the year. *grin*

        > Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, is there anyone still
        left
        > in the UK ?
        >
        > I have my copy and its great B-)
        >
        > Well, actually, I have two. I got impatient with Amazon waiting
        for them
        > to deliver, so went out and bought it anyway from the local
        Waterstones.

        > So, if any of you jolly foreigners would like a copy before it
        gets
        > released in your local backwater B-), then the first one to cover
        > postage gets it.
        >
        > Cheers
        >

        > Simon
      • Cleomadjai
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
          Me too!  I believe I'm getting a copy for christmas.  But it's such a long way off ...

          Cleo

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/FIyolB/TM

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 11, 2004
            Well, I've seen a good review for it in the Brit sci-fi mag SFX which is encouraging (the
            book reviewers usually spot hokey 2nd-rate sword 'n sorcery books from a mile off).

            On 1 Nov 2004 at 10:29, Robert Powell wrote:

            > Oh trust me, I'm all too aware of the new book, but my family and
            > friends long ago banned me from buying new books in the 3 months up
            > to Christmas. It's an old tradition or charter or something to make
            > it easier to buy me Christmas presents.
            >
            > I am sadly reduced to pointing at book covers and sighing wistfully,
            > there are already 6 titles on the list and if I don't them ALL under
            > the Christmas tree, then by god there will be trouble by boxing day,
            > oh yes full-on Grinch mode will be deployed!
            >
            > You know, I really don't like my family and friends at this time of
            > the year. *grin*
            >

            > > Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, is there anyone still
            > left
            > > in the UK ?
            > >
            > > I have my copy and its great B-)
            > >
            > > Well, actually, I have two. I got impatient with Amazon waiting
            > for them
            > > to deliver, so went out and bought it anyway from the local
            > Waterstones.
            > >
            > > So, if any of you jolly foreigners would like a copy before it
            > gets
            > > released in your local backwater B-), then the first one to cover
            > > postage gets it.
            > >
            > > Cheers
            > >

            > > Simon
          • Simon Marsh
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 12, 2004
              > Well, I've seen a good review for it in the Brit sci-fi mag SFX which is encouraging (the
              > book reviewers usually spot hokey 2nd-rate sword 'n sorcery books from a mile off).

              It is good, and for those that have to wait till Christmas (or even
              longer !) I don't think you'll be disappointed. Naturally though, I'm
              not about to spoil it for anyone and spill the beans on the plot.
              I'm such a tease B-)

              Still offering to post my spare copy to someone for the cost of postage...

              Cheers

              Simon
            • Cleomadjai
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 14, 2005
                Hi all, I have just read Ironcrown Moon.  I thought it was excellent.  Not quite the Remillard saga but still very good.  Has anyone else read it? What do you think?  I found it disconcerting the way you go from supporting some characters like Conrig, in the beginning of the Conquerer's Moon to being quite horrified by them by the end of IM.  And the way some 'people' aren't who they appear to be.  I have fears for Gossy too.

                The 'pain eaters' I think were once tax collectors and perhaps still are in this world.

                Well, let me know.

                Cleo

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 18, 2005
                  Hi Cleo,

                  Well, it's a new year already (looks around in bemusement to see where
                  the holidays went).

                  I haven't read Ironcrown Moon as yet but I do have it reserved at my
                  local library. Although I really wasn't that impressed by the first
                  book, I have heard various good things about the second one. Your
                  opinion of it is surely a good sign as well <g>.

                  Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
                  around the sun.

                  On 14/01/2005 10:26 p.m., Cleomadjai wrote:
                  > Hi all, I have just read Ironcrown Moon. I thought it was excellent.
                  > Not quite the Remillard saga but still very good. Has anyone else read
                  > it? What do you think? I found it disconcerting the way you go from
                  > supporting some characters like Conrig, in the beginning of
                  > the Conquerer's Moon to being quite horrified by them by the end of IM.
                  > And the way some 'people' aren't who they appear to be. I have fears
                  > for Gossy too.
                  >
                  > The 'pain eaters' I think were once tax collectors and perhaps still are
                  > in this world.
                  >
                  > Well, let me know.
                  >
                  > Cleo

                • Cleomadjai
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 19, 2005
                    Hi Nic, yes, I agree the first one was a bit dodgy - but I enjoyed the second one much more.  I read an interesting review on this site that encouraged me to ask Santa for the book for christmas and I'm glad I did.  Pity we live so far apart or I would lend it to you.   Now I can't wait for the 3rd - which I suspect will be called Blossom Moon by the amount of times that was mentioned.  But hurry and read it so we can discuss it without giving spoilers away.

                    Cleo

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/FIyolB/TM

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 25, 2005
                      Hi Cleo,

                      I got 'Ironcrown Moon' from the library last week and have finished it.
                      I can't say I'm tempted to actually buy it now but it was a better
                      read than the first one and things certainly picked up towards the end.

                      As always I think JM goes to incredible detail when she writes a story
                      and it can be hard to point to characters and say they're 100% good / bad.

                      I can see why you thought the third book would be Blossom Moon (grin).