RE: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: re:Pallol's Palace

  • michael mcguyer
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 7, 2004
      Cool site man.
       but....and you should know I am a random thinker by now.
      The artists conceptions on the characters begs the question.
      If it where a movie who would cast in the roles?
      Me I would pick these (Aiken..Ed Norton..Elizebeth..Carrie Anne Moss..Claude..dunno someone whose name starts with Sir..Madame G....Shirley Maclain....Felice...Christina Ricci....and so on) Marc would be the most difficult one to cast. Mel gibson maybe...
                      anyway...dont let your meat loaf
                                                                Mick

      Mike Vallender <mike@...> wrote:

      We love your work Bob, I am thinking of making a Bob Powell fan site J

      Cheers

      Mike

      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 9, 2004
        Hiya Bob,

        Now I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your photos - bring them
        on! ^_^

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Powell"
        <pallol@b...> wrote:

        > Greetings Creative Sister
        >
        > You know I must get my life sorted and update that site soon.
        >
        > I've also just finished reading the Milieu series again and have
        > realised that I still haven't posted my Kauai pics relating to JM's
        > stories - this I hereby promise to do shortly.
        >
        > Wait until you see the Spouting Horn (sea spout/lavatube) where
        > Hydra tried to kill Diamond - scareeee!
        >
        > Bob
        >

        > > Hi there,
        > >
        > > You can go to the link below to see Bob's (great) JM fanart
        > site....
        > >
        > > http://www.bobpowell.co.uk/julianmay/index.htm
        > >

        > > High Thoughts
        > > - Nicolette :-)
        > >

        > > On 6 Oct 2004 at 19:26, evrhett wrote:
        > >

        > > > What is the website of Pallol's Palace again??? I have not been
        > in
        > > > a very VERY long millenium. Thanks! E.

      • parva
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 9, 2004
          Please pardon the off topic nature of this post, but I
          am a fan of Julian May's works (just finished a third
          read of the Galactic Milieu). I am also hooked on
          Neopets, a virtual pets website. I have a pet there
          named JackTheBodiless, which is available for
          adoption. In fact, the whole account "rogatien" is
          available. (I have far too many accounts there.) If
          you are interested please contact me off list, via
          e-mail or neomail (my main Neopets account
          "wuggamom").

          Thanks! And maybe I'll join y'all on the read through
          of the Pliocene Saga again, although that would make 4
          times...

          LOL
          Tauni

          http://vote.yahoo.com
        • jason collins
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 10, 2004
            only 4?

            > From: parva <xenafan1970@...>
            > Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 17:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
            > To: Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [Julian-May-discuss] OT: Anyone here like Neopets?
            >

            > Please pardon the off topic nature of this post, but I
            > am a fan of Julian May's works (just finished a third
            > read of the Galactic Milieu). I am also hooked on
            > Neopets, a virtual pets website. I have a pet there
            > named JackTheBodiless, which is available for
            > adoption. In fact, the whole account "rogatien" is
            > available. (I have far too many accounts there.) If
            > you are interested please contact me off list, via
            > e-mail or neomail (my main Neopets account
            > "wuggamom").
            >
            > Thanks! And maybe I'll join y'all on the read through
            > of the Pliocene Saga again, although that would make 4
            > times...
            >
            > LOL
            > Tauni

          • Robert Powell
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 11, 2004
              Yeah I can see it now, bob-powell-discuss@...

              Members erm.., well Nicolette might stop by occasionally. *grin*

              Bob

              --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Vallender"
              <mike@a...> wrote:
              > We love your work Bob, I am thinking of making a Bob Powell fan
              site :-)

              > Cheers
              >

              > Mike
              >

              > _____

              ALL-NEW
              > Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vvveag/M=298184.5285298.6392945.30011
              76/D=gr

              oups/S=1705189893:HM/EXP=1097256721/A=2368837/R=0/SIG=11tdf3rom/*http
              :/www.n
              > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185370&partid=5285298%20> click here
              >

              > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
              M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=
              > :HM/A=2368837/rand=141681108>
              >

              > _____
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              subject=Unsubscribe>

            • Robert Powell
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 11, 2004
                Mate you should check the archives, we've pretty much gone through
                the entire Hollywood/British/Australian A to Z lists at least twice,
                trying to find the right people.

                That's what I love about my Pallol site, the number of people who
                agree or disagree with my pictures - you'd be amazed at how many
                emails I got when I first set up Pallols Place, from people who told
                me -sometimes quite angrily - that Felice has dark hair, even though
                JM frequently mentions her flowing blonde locks, (just like Leda, my
                Felice shaped muse... *grin*)!

                But back to the casting and I tell you what, that's the first time
                I've seen Shirley Maclain mentioned as Madame, and I think that's
                inspired!

                Regards

                Bob

                --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, michael mcguyer
                <mamcguyer@y...> wrote:
                > Cool site man.
                > but....and you should know I am a random thinker by now.
                > The artists conceptions on the characters begs the question.
                > If it where a movie who would cast in the roles?
                > Me I would pick these (Aiken..Ed Norton..Elizebeth..Carrie Anne
                Moss..Claude..dunno someone whose name starts with Sir..Madame
                G....Shirley Maclain....Felice...Christina Ricci....and so on) Marc
                would be the most difficult one to cast. Mel gibson maybe...
                > anyway...dont let your meat loaf
                > Mick
                >
                > Mike Vallender <mike@a...> wrote:
                > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url
                (#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
                {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
                > We love your work Bob, I am thinking of making a Bob Powell fan
                site J

                > Cheers
                >

                > Mike
                >

                > ---------------------------------

                Service.

              • Robert Powell
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 11, 2004
                  Hey Cleo

                  The entire island of Kauai is a mass of caves and lavatubes, so we
                  found scores of them - but what with the large sections of the
                  island impassable thanks to the resplendant growth of 'jungle' since
                  Hurricane Iniki's destruction, I suspect that "The Cave", if it
                  exists anywhere outside of JM's mind and books, is so far off the
                  beaten path you'd need to Egg there. *grin*

                  I did however find Poipu's market, where Malama did her shopping,
                  which is not quite as romantic as Theresa's Cave I admit, but none
                  the less it bought a smile to my face!

                  --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
                  <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
                  > Bob,did you guys find Marc's cave where they buried Theresa's
                  ashes? I'm looking forward to your pictures.

                  > Cleo

                  <snip>
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 11, 2004
                    Are you sure about that? (grin)

                    Well, perhaps I would, and then make the occasional impati- er, 'respectful' request for
                    more fan art from you....... :-)