Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Sukey would have loved this

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004
      Hi there,

      It's an interesting link - though I think because there are a lot of cave systems/tunnels
      around the world (some theoretically going a long way under the ground) it would have
      been easy for some cultures to believe the caves/tunnels kept going down into a 'hollow
      earth'....

      I have heard stories about explorers who have seen mirages of land near the North
      Pole, however, in such physically bleak environments (and the explorers being pushed
      to their limits) a lot of us could start seeing mirages.

      However, I'm all for exploration and it will still be interesting to see what the team
      discovers.