Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Helping You

  • michael mcguyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2004
      Unfortunately this is happening in every diccussion group and message board that I am a member of. The bright boy spammers have come up with bots that skim all the groups and look for keywords such as "house" "moving" "insurance" etc. and send targeted spam to the board. This is very similar to the software that google is developing for its new email accounts. It will send targeted ads to you and people you mail based on keywords in the mail. Welcome to the brave new world:)
                                                                                    Mick

      Robert Powell <pallol@...> wrote:
      What the heck is this?

      Are Yahoo now going to spam there own lists and do we really have to
      unsubscribe to stop it?!

      Please tell me this is just a new member trolling!

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2004
        Hi,

        Unfortunately we have a spam problem, fortunately I can delete said
        spam from the message list (pauses to savour the joy of being a
        moderator ;-) ).

        No, you don't have to unsubscribe or anything like that, it's just a
        twisted mind game on the spammers part. Let's hope there's a special
        circle in hell for spammers (which they are welcome to share with
        telemarketers who always ring when you're eating dinner).

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Powell"