Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Digest Number 800

  • Peta Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2004
      It's not that expensive for a return ticket to the UK. In fact, I know a
      number of people who go back for a visit every year.
      I dunno about Adelaide. It's a nice place to visit and all but it and Perth
      seem a bit small and isolated to me.

      Peta

      Wow, thanks guys, its still a 'project in planning' at the moment,
      but it does look like Aus seems to be the fav destination - pity
      disappointed that NZ didn't come through as popular as I thought it
      might, what with Hobbits and things living there. *grin*

      After some routing about it seems that South Australia is actually
      trying to get Brits down there - what more whinging pomms I hear the
      cry!? - and there are several agencies that will place you in the
      main wage earners top position and locate housing within that price
      bracket.

      Commuting doesn't bother me - I commute around five hours a day now -
      so as long as the jobs we get are good and the place we live is
      good and the people are on the whole good as well, I think we'd cope.

      The only thing that does bother me is the homesickness - I don't
      think I could ever go native - and much as I'm growing pretty
      disgruntled with the UK, nostalgia tends to paint a prettier picture
      than reality as time goes by.