Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Digest Number 797

  • Peta Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004

      !

      > > Well the upshot is that we are considering both
      > > Australia and New
      > > Zealand, we've got enough 'points', at least on
      > > paper, to do either.
      > > So my question is, which would offer the better
      > > chances to an IT
      > > based couple, in both work opportunities and
      > > standard of leaving. I
      > > know given the criminal and evil exchange rates
      > > that we'd be able to
      > > bring the best part of $200K NZ dollar with us,
      > > which is a bonus
      > > obviously but where would be the better place
      > > to investigate first.

      My parents emigrated to Australia from Britain when I was 9 and were always
      very pleased that they did. I spent two years travelling around the UK in my
      early 20s and loved the place ... but was glad that I call Australia home.
      You don't have to spend an astronomical amount on clothing and heating to
      keep warm in winter for one thing!

      My advice is to visit www.seekcom.au which is Australia's biggest online job
      site (or one of them). That way you will be able to see what IT jobs are
      available and what would suit you.You could also visit www.LJHooker.com
      which should give an indication of property prices. Jobwise, the capital
      cities - Sydney Melbourne and Brisbane would be your best bets. I grew up in
      Sydney but my husband and I moved up to Brisbane 10 years ago. We have four
      children and enjoy a much higher standard of living than we would in one of
      the southern capitals - which is why we moved here.

      Peta