Re: question about Aiken?

  • PD Whitener
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 23, 2004
      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
      <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
      > I can't remember it ever being mentioned - only that MacGregor,
      er, banked sperm.

      The emphasis on MacGregor is also the best clue to the problem of
      Duncan: However quirky, he is the knight/champion (or guardian angel,
      if you will) of the clan, useful at key moments to both Aiken and any
      number of those who serve his purposes.

      Alix
    • ambercelt
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29, 2004
        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "PD Whitener"
        <alixnc@y...> wrote:
        > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
        > <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
        > > I can't remember it ever being mentioned - only that MacGregor,
        > er, banked sperm.
        >
        > The emphasis on MacGregor is also the best clue to the problem of
        > Duncan: However quirky, he is the knight/champion (or guardian
        angel,
        > if you will) of the clan, useful at key moments to both Aiken and
        any
        > number of those who serve his purposes.
        >
        > Alix
        Hi everyone ,new member.On Aiken's "parents" when Mercy asks him if
        he had Italian ancestry he says he has 100% Scottish ancestry.
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2004
          > Hi everyone ,new member.On Aiken's "parents" when Mercy asks him if
          > he had Italian ancestry he says he has 100% Scottish ancestry.

          Hi Ambercelt,

          Hello and welcome! The question about Aiken's parentage tends to pop up now and
          then (with wilder theories suggesting his mother was somehow Mad Maddy Remillard,
          LOL).

          On 29 Apr 2004 at 18:34, ambercelt wrote:

          > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "PD Whitener"
          > <alixnc@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
          > > <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
          > > > I can't remember it ever being mentioned - only that MacGregor,
          > > er, banked sperm.
          > >
          > > The emphasis on MacGregor is also the best clue to the problem of
          > > Duncan: However quirky, he is the knight/champion (or guardian
          > angel,
          > > if you will) of the clan, useful at key moments to both Aiken and
          > any
          > > number of those who serve his purposes.
          > >
          > > Alix
        • sepiternity
          Message 4 of 8 , May 7, 2004
            Ciamar a tha sibh tha mi à Alba! A bheil thu ga mo thuigsinn?

            I'm no sure if this will help but....

            When I was growing up we used to have a nursery song called "Aiken
            Drum" which said he came from the moon. Now, me memory is a wee
            bitty vague on this but I remember he had a coat made out o' good
            roast beef and tousers made out o' haggis skins.

            No doubt another one of Ms May's collective unconsious archetypes.

            Now - this is where it gets a bit ropey. I also remember a fairy
            tale when I used to work in the Machars of Galloway in SW Scotland
            (they filmed the Wicker Man their, shallow genitic pool, load o' peat
            bogs, moon-faced kids, etc) and there was this wee boogle called
            Aiken Drum. I suppose you describe it as naughty pixie or elf - a
            trickster!

            However - this area of Scotland is pictish - not celtic and most of
            the mythology has a much more darker, more primitive feel to it than
            the cutesy-pie english romanticism of Celtic culture.

            As to the MacGregors - well, that bog-trotting lot came fae further
            north.

            As to the Italian connection - I have a guess about who that
            politician was but maybe someone can enlighten me?

            <alixnc@y...> wrote:
            > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
            > <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
            > > I can't remember it ever being mentioned - only that MacGregor,
            > er, banked sperm.
            >
            > The emphasis on MacGregor is also the best clue to the problem of
            > Duncan: However quirky, he is the knight/champion (or guardian
            angel,
            > if you will) of the clan, useful at key moments to both Aiken and
            any
            > number of those who serve his purposes.
            >
            > Alix
          • Jabberwocky1469
            Message 5 of 8 , May 7, 2004
              ...try Machiavello,  "the Prince"........

              <alixnc@y...> wrote:
              > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai
              > <cleomadjai@y...> wrote:
              > > I can't remember it ever being mentioned - only that MacGregor,
              > er,  banked sperm.
              >
              > The emphasis on MacGregor is also the best clue to the problem of
              > Duncan: However quirky, he is the knight/champion (or guardian
              angel,
              > if you will) of the clan, useful at key moments to both Aiken and
              any
              > number of those who serve his purposes.
              >
              > Alix

              Do You Yahoo!?