Off-topic - Lord of the Rings awards sweep

    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hiya,

      Well, last night was a good time to be a New Zealander as the third Lord of the Rings
      movie cleaned up the Oscars by winning all (eleven) awards it was nominated for!
      *squee!*

      <Ahem>

      Just as importantly, the winning of Best Picture broke the glass ceiling of 'No
      fantasy/sci-fi film will ever deserve a Best Picture award', which will give inspiration to
      future filmakers I'm sure.....

      I had to chuckle when I read a spoof article in the NZ Herald this morning saying how
      Gollum snatched Peter's award at a post-awards party, saying, "yes, Gollum deserve
      award, not hairy lump".

      (a very happy) Co-moderator from New Zealand, that's-Middle-Earth-to-you
      Message 58 of 58 , Mar 18, 2004
        Mozz, thanks for that I don't think we have had one of your spiels for a
        while I thoroughly enjoyed it and was literally laughing out loud towards
        the end. Then I had to cover up what I was laughing about because I am at
        work.

        BTW I am wading through the last month's correspondence. I'm looking forward
        to getting back into it....I just finished my Intervention reread and will
        shortly start on JTB again.