Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Kieran O'Connor

  • Cleomadjai
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
      Gill

      Kieran may have been a little unstable because of this 'talent' anyway, but I get the impression he's a nutter because he shares his mother's suffering and can't escape from it.  The pain appears to have driven her slightly mad anyway, and some people in pain and dying turn to religion in an overly zealous way ( as opposed to those who look for comfort from their faith).  I think this, day in and day out, had distorted Kieran's view of the world.  When he realized he had the power of life and death it seemed like an escape from his mother.  His values were pretty screwed up to start with from the way I read Intervention but you can't discount the fact he could have been born a psychopath/sociopath.

      Where he got the whole Black Mother thing (I mean it hints that is from his own dying mother) and the chakra's I'm not a hundred percent sure.

      Cleo

      Gillian Riley <gillianariley@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,

      I'm just rereading Intervention for the millionth time, and I was reminded
      something I'd always questioned.

      Does anyone know what sent Kieran O'Connor bad?   I know he had a weird
      power where he could kill people, but when he helps the dying dog at the
      start of the book he seems almost normal?

      Why did he end up such a deranged pyschopath?

      I was hoping somebody had some kind of insight?

      Gillian

      BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80

    • Niall Perry
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
        And there's me thinking he's a nutter because he's Irish. And I can
        say that as an Irishman LOL

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Cleomadjai