Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Marcel

  • Geoff Norfolk
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2003
      I seem to recall that the first Marcel was a gift from Lucille to Rogi in the early days of her being at Dartmouth. She did alot of research work involving humans and cats co-operating in using  metapsychic powers. And yes Leda is right, the Marcel that we read alot of  interacting with Rogi in the later novels of his memoires (DM and M) is the ninth of his line (not sure if they were all blood relatives).

      Personally I think we can stretch a point on the brown/silver issue :-). The original Maine Coons were brown tabby...other colours came along later.. recently looked at some beautiful pure smoke grey Maine Coon kittens as daughter wants a grey one...I want a tabby. If purists object to our Marcel being a brown tabby then there is always trusty old Adobe Photoshop Elements to play with!

      Regards Helen
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2003
        In a message dated 12/15/03 1:42:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, g.norfolk@... writes:
        Bob wrote:
        > The only thing is my Marcel is a brown tabby, and I'm sure Rogi's
        > was a grey?!! Although they're getting on for about the same size -
        > around 4 feet long
        Personally I think we can stretch a point on the brown/silver issue :-). The original Maine Coons were brown tabby...other colours came along later.. recently looked at some beautiful pure smoke grey Maine Coon kittens as daughter wants a grey one...
        Hmmmm smoke grey or silver Maine Coon cats... I think that would look beautiful, My favorite breed is Siamese- but I havent seen any four foot Siamese cats around, and since Siegfried & Roy have the monopoly on really BIG cats... a Coon Cat would do nicely! <covetous thoughts>

        FrankenCat
      • Mike Vallender
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2003

          We we dont have 4 foot siamese, but we do love our babies very much.

          Versace is a male oriental and Samsara is a Lilac tip female, they are both very spoilt, very bright, and extemely metapyschic, just look into Versace's eyes :-)

          Cheers

          Mike

          -----Original Message from <AbyssAngyl@...>-----

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2003
            We are are household of animal lovers. Current non human occupants are

            two females rats (the two boys and one girl died of old age last month)
            four gerbils (1 five years old, five other passed away from old age this year)
            two cats (1 without tail, both recovering road traffic accident victims)

            Unfortunately with no amount of help from photoshop can any of these be diguised as Marcel :-).

            We are in the process of considering two new additions, a jack russell terrier and a Maine Coon, as I owned a half-Coon cat when I lived in the States called Mister Underfoot and he was a juggernaut of a cat.

            Come on Bob...cough up the piccys!!!!

            Helen

            Bob wrote:
            > The only thing is my Marcel is a brown tabby, and I'm sure Rogi's
            > was a grey?!! Although they're getting on for about the same size -
            > around 4 feet long
            Personally I think we can stretch a point on the brown/silver issue :-). The original Maine Coons were brown tabby...other colours came along later.. recently looked at some beautiful pure smoke grey Maine Coon kittens as daughter wants a grey one...
            Hmmmm smoke grey or silver Maine Coon cats... I think that would look beautiful, My favorite breed is Siamese- but I havent seen any four foot Siamese cats around, and since Siegfried & Roy have the monopoly on really BIG cats... a Coon Cat would do nicely! <covetous thoughts>

            FrankenCat

            Yahoo! Groups Links