How about these folks

  • murphicidal5000
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 2, 2003
      G'Day all, just discovered this group.
      How about these inclusions for a cast of TMCL (remember that the
      technology now exists for the size not to matter one whit).

      Aiken: Ewan McGregor (ginger wig) or Noah Taylor
      Elizabeth: Julianna Moore
      Stein: Vin Diesel
      Sharn: Jack Black
      Ayfa: Kate Winslet (perm)
      Madame: Meryl Streep
      Claude: Mel Gibson
      Peopeo: Michael Douglas (slapped into shape)
      Brian: Sam Neill
      Mercy: Robin Wright-Penn
      Felice: Avril Levigne (assuming she can act)
      Thagdal: Sean Connery
      Culluket: Orlando Bloom (perfect)
      Nodonn: Stephen Dorff
      Marc: Patrick Bergin
      Alberonn: David Wenham

      One could go on.
      Cheers,
      Murph

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Nicolette Lewer"
      <n.lewer@n...> wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > Johnny Depp as Ti-Jean (aka Jack). Hmmm....would have to see how
      he looked with
      > blue contact lenses, but interesting choice! I know in previous
      discussions actor
      > Christian Bale was mentioned as a candidate....
      >
      > High Thoughts
      > - Nicolette :-)
      >
      > On 4 Nov 2003 at 21:14, Suzanne Watts wrote:
      >

      > > My 2 cents worth: I think Johnny Depp is a bit too fragile
      looking for Aiken - though he would be
      > > good for Ti-Jean...Which seeing as how he isn't even inTMCL
      opens a whole new can of worms
      > > :-)
      > > Regards
      > > Suzanne

    • Niall Perry
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 2, 2003
        Claude: Mel Gibson

        thanks Murph I've not laughed so hard in so long, not the image of
        Claude I have.

        thank you again

        big smiles

        Slonshal
        Niall

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "murphicidal5000"

        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 3, 2003
          Hi Murph

          Hello and welcome to this group! :-) (and to other newbies as well)

          Some inspired casting choices for characters - I can easily see Sam
          Neil as Bryan and Sean Connery as Thagdal. I would never have thought
          of Patrick Bergin as Marc (in my opinion it's Rufus Sewell or bust,
          heh) but I'm thinking hmm...maybe...

          Carry on posting and have fun looking through the archives and links.

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 4, 2003
            Nicolette wrote:

            > Some inspired casting choices for characters - I can easily see Sam
            > Neil as Bryan and Sean Connery as Thagdal. I would never have thought
            > of Patrick Bergin as Marc (in my opinion it's Rufus Sewell or bust,
            > heh) but I'm thinking hmm...maybe...
            Murph suggested:
            >> Aiken: Ewan McGregor (ginger wig) or Noah Taylor
            >> Elizabeth: Julianna Moore
            >> Stein: Vin Diesel
            >> Sharn: Jack Black
            >> Ayfa: Kate Winslet (perm)
            >> Madame: Meryl Streep
            >> Claude: Mel Gibson
            >> Peopeo: Michael Douglas (slapped into shape)
            >> Brian: Sam Neill
            >> Mercy: Robin Wright-Penn
            >> Felice: Avril Levigne (assuming she can act)
            >> Thagdal: Sean Connery
            >> Culluket: Orlando Bloom (perfect)
            >> Nodonn: Stephen Dorff
            >> Marc: Patrick Bergin
            >> Alberonn: David Wenham

            I agree with nicolette - some inspired choices - I think Orlando Bloom is a
            splendid Culluket - especially in the Halloween skeleton suit. Sam Neill as
            Brian, Vin Diesel as Steinie, I can well see those too.
            I won't budge from Rufus Sewell, though, or Claudia Black for Elizabeth.