Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: anyone seen this?

  • Geoff Norfolk
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi Cleo,

      I too can see both Nicole and Uma as Tanu characters. How about Rutger Hauer for Minannon...hes got the weather rugged look

      Helen
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 2, 2003

        Yes, I forgot Elijah would be too short for a Tanu - perhaps as one of the hybrid
        Tanu/humans then? <g>.

        Certainly Nicole Kidman or Uma Thurman would be good as Mercy - although with
        Uma slicing and dicing in 'Kill Bill' at the moment I'm thinking 'hello Felice!'.

        On 30 Oct 2003 at 7:49, Cleomadjai wrote:

        > Seth Green isn't bad - he is quirky enough to play Aiken too. But Elijah for a tanu - too short.
        > Now Johnny Depp could play a tanu -amongst other things. So could Nicole Kidman when it
        > came to that - I still see her as Mercy-Rosmar too. Either her or Uma Thurman. Orlando Bloom
        > as Culluket?
        >
        > Did we ever come up with a Nodonn?
        >
        > Diamondmask
      • Cleomadjai
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 3, 2003
          Helen, I missed this one earlier.  But Rutger is perfect.  That weather beaten but implacable look.  James Cameron as Celo?  He's a bit of a fire eater too!  Ian McKellan as Aluteyn?

          You know I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the tanu weren't real after all - the Celine Dion thing has really got me wondering ...

          I'm still going with Orlando Bloom as Culleket, in a blond wig, after seeing him on V Graham Norton, the other night.  Along those same lines howabout Keira Knightly as Katlinel the Dark Eyed?  I thought about Elizabeth at first, but she's not old enough for Elizabeth but I can see her doing the ice maiden thing quite easily.

          Cleo

          wrote:
          > Hello there, was justwondering for a start what's happend to
          Pallol's Place,
          > I would love to see some TMCL/MILIEU inspired art. I was browsing
          around the
          > links and found a site that had book covers that I had never seen
          before,
          > this one attached made me laugh, I though Felice was supposed to have a
          > diminutive aspect to her appearance not look like some bloody great
          Viking
          > trollop... What do you think? Also who is the tranny nun on the
          horse, did I
          > miss something? The blondie with the Torc is pretty tasty though!
          > Also been thinking about casting TMCL film, Johnny Depp or Elijah
          Wood for
          > Aiken anybody?
          > Jason, London.

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FIyolB/TM

          Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger

          Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger

        • Gillian Riley
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 3, 2003

            I think Nicole Kidman would make a good Elizabeth.

            >From: Cleomadjai
            >To: Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: anyone seen this?
            >Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:14:12 +0000 (GMT)
            >
            >Helen, I missed this one earlier. But Rutger is perfect. That weather beaten but implacable look. James Cameron as Celo? He's a bit of a fire eater too! Ian McKellan as Aluteyn?
            >
            >You know I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the tanu weren't real after all - the Celine Dion thing has really got me wondering ...
            >
            >I'm still going with Orlando Bloom as Culleket, in a blond wig, after seeing him on V Graham Norton, the other night. Along those same lines howabout Keira Knightly as Katlinel the Dark Eyed? I thought about Elizabeth at first, but she's not old enough for Elizabeth but I can see her doing the ice maiden thing quite easily.
            >
            >Cleo
            >

            >Geoff Norfolk wrote:
            >Hi Cleo,
            >
            >I too can see both Nicole and Uma as Tanu characters. How about Rutger Hauer for Minannon...hes got the weather rugged look
            >
            >Helen

            Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Click here
          • Suzanne Watts
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 4, 2003
              My 2 cents worth: I think Johnny Depp is a bit too fragile looking for Aiken - though he would be good for Ti-Jean...Which seeing as how he isn't even in TMCL opens a whole new can of worms :-)
              Regards
              Suzanne
              I think Elijah Wood's too friendly looking for Aiken.  Johnny Depp is an interesting idea though.

              Gillian

              >From: jason collins
              >Subject: [Julian-May-discuss] anyone seen this?
              >Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:30:21 +0000
              >
              >Hello there, was justwondering for a start what's happend to Pallol's Place,
              >I would love to see some TMCL/MILIEU inspired art. I was browsing around the
              >links and found a site that had book covers that I had never seen before,
              >this one attached made me laugh, I though Felice was supposed to have a
              >diminutive aspect to her appearance not look like some bloody great Viking
              >trollop... What do you think? Also who is the tranny nun on the horse, did I
              >miss something? The blondie with the Torc is pretty tasty though!
              >Also been thinking about casting TMCL film, Johnny Depp or Elijah Wood for
              >Aiken anybody?
              >Jason, London.
              ><< Picture1 >>

              Chat via SMS. Simply send 'CHAT' to 1889918. 33c per message sent. Free to receive. More info here.

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 4, 2003

                Johnny Depp as Ti-Jean (aka Jack). Hmmm....would have to see how he looked with
                blue contact lenses, but interesting choice! I know in previous discussions actor
                Christian Bale was mentioned as a candidate....

                On 4 Nov 2003 at 21:14, Suzanne Watts wrote:

                > My 2 cents worth: I think Johnny Depp is a bit too fragile looking for Aiken - though he would be
                > good for Ti-Jean...Which seeing as how he isn't even inTMCL opens a whole new can of worms
                > :-)
                > Regards
                > Suzanne

              • murphicidal5000
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 2, 2003
                  G'Day all, just discovered this group.
                  How about these inclusions for a cast of TMCL (remember that the
                  technology now exists for the size not to matter one whit).

                  Aiken: Ewan McGregor (ginger wig) or Noah Taylor
                  Elizabeth: Julianna Moore
                  Stein: Vin Diesel
                  Sharn: Jack Black
                  Ayfa: Kate Winslet (perm)
                  Madame: Meryl Streep
                  Claude: Mel Gibson
                  Peopeo: Michael Douglas (slapped into shape)
                  Brian: Sam Neill
                  Mercy: Robin Wright-Penn
                  Felice: Avril Levigne (assuming she can act)
                  Thagdal: Sean Connery
                  Culluket: Orlando Bloom (perfect)
                  Nodonn: Stephen Dorff
                  Marc: Patrick Bergin
                  Alberonn: David Wenham

                  One could go on.
                  Cheers,
                  Murph

                  --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Nicolette Lewer"
                  <n.lewer@n...> wrote:
                  > Hi there,
                  >
                  > Johnny Depp as Ti-Jean (aka Jack). Hmmm....would have to see how
                  he looked with
                  > blue contact lenses, but interesting choice! I know in previous
                  discussions actor
                  > Christian Bale was mentioned as a candidate....
                  >
                  > High Thoughts
                  > - Nicolette :-)
                  >
                  > On 4 Nov 2003 at 21:14, Suzanne Watts wrote:
                  >

                  > > My 2 cents worth: I think Johnny Depp is a bit too fragile
                  looking for Aiken - though he would be
                  > > good for Ti-Jean...Which seeing as how he isn't even inTMCL
                  opens a whole new can of worms
                  > > :-)
                  > > Regards
                  > > Suzanne

                • Niall Perry
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 2, 2003
                    Claude: Mel Gibson

                    thanks Murph I've not laughed so hard in so long, not the image of
                    Claude I have.

                    thank you again

                    big smiles

                    Slonshal
                    Niall

                    --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "murphicidal5000"

                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 3, 2003
                      Hi Murph

                      Hello and welcome to this group! :-) (and to other newbies as well)

                      Some inspired casting choices for characters - I can easily see Sam
                      Neil as Bryan and Sean Connery as Thagdal. I would never have thought
                      of Patrick Bergin as Marc (in my opinion it's Rufus Sewell or bust,
                      heh) but I'm thinking hmm...maybe...

                      Carry on posting and have fun looking through the archives and links.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 4, 2003
                        Nicolette wrote:

                        > Some inspired casting choices for characters - I can easily see Sam
                        > Neil as Bryan and Sean Connery as Thagdal. I would never have thought
                        > of Patrick Bergin as Marc (in my opinion it's Rufus Sewell or bust,
                        > heh) but I'm thinking hmm...maybe...
                        Murph suggested:
                        >> Aiken: Ewan McGregor (ginger wig) or Noah Taylor
                        >> Elizabeth: Julianna Moore
                        >> Stein: Vin Diesel
                        >> Sharn: Jack Black
                        >> Ayfa: Kate Winslet (perm)
                        >> Madame: Meryl Streep
                        >> Claude: Mel Gibson
                        >> Peopeo: Michael Douglas (slapped into shape)
                        >> Brian: Sam Neill
                        >> Mercy: Robin Wright-Penn
                        >> Felice: Avril Levigne (assuming she can act)
                        >> Thagdal: Sean Connery
                        >> Culluket: Orlando Bloom (perfect)
                        >> Nodonn: Stephen Dorff
                        >> Marc: Patrick Bergin
                        >> Alberonn: David Wenham

                        I agree with nicolette - some inspired choices - I think Orlando Bloom is a
                        splendid Culluket - especially in the Halloween skeleton suit. Sam Neill as
                        Brian, Vin Diesel as Steinie, I can well see those too.
                        I won't budge from Rufus Sewell, though, or Claudia Black for Elizabeth.