Pallols Place Update

  • Robert Powell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hi Folks,

      just to let you know why Pallol's Place hasn't reappeared as yet.
      The original ISP that I hosted pallol.com with has taken the domain
      name and registered it for themselves until October next year. This
      was because I wanted to close my account and transfer to another
      hosting package. They threw up so many different barriers to getting
      the thing transfered you wouldn't believe.

      I'm now going through the rigmarole of informing the various
      internic authorities of their underhand tactics, but in the grey
      area of internet domains it's very hard to stop domain nabbing. See
      how many sites are offering back orders on existing domains if you
      don't believe me.

      Underhand? Yes!

      Illegal? Probably not, (is what I'm hearing).

      If this was a commercial site, or was based on my own name, it would
      be worth fighting for, but for a non-profit fan site.., I have
      neither the time, money or frankly mindset to go after these
      scutters.

      So what I'm pondering is scrapping the site as it stands and opening
      up another site, with a wider perspective. Julianmay.net maybe?
      Offering news - if I can get the publishers onboard - overviews of
      JM's work, resources for finding all her works, including those
      published under her other names and genres, and perhaps a smaller
      discussion group than in this hallowed ground *grin*; and of course
      I would be reopening Pallol's Place as a gallery, within the site.

      It wouldn't be an official JM homepage, but hopefully would be a
      damn fine unofficial one.

      I'll let you know if it seems likely in a few weeks, when I've done
      some more digging into resources and contributers.

      Until then my regards as always

      Bob
    • Cleomadjai
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
        Bob!   You can't leave us!  You're the calm voice of reason here (no offence to the mods - they are calm & reasonable too but they are officials).

        Cleo

        Robert Powell <pallol@...> wrote:
[...]

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FIyolB/TM

        Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
          Hi Bob,

          It's a shame you are having trouble with domain-stealers but your
          proposal for a new site sounds great to me....with your art gallery
          in it naturally!

          All the best...

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Powell"