Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: TMCL book discussion

  • Mike Vallender
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2003
      check this out:

      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?cities=152,196,47,28,236,136,195,43,137,179,256

      I use it all the time for setting up International appointments.

      I think you will also find that if you put the appointments into the group calendar, it will automatically adjust it for other viewers, the person who sets the appointment will have the absolute time, everyone else will see it as they have set up their preferences of where they are.

      I have set up a test appointment, you should get it soon. Lets see how good it is :-)

      Kindest Regards

      Mike Vallender
      Executive Chairperson | www.vallender.com |

      -----Original Message from Nicolette Lewer <n.lewer@...>-----

      Hi there,

      Thanks for letting me know - it can be confusing when you think of
      all the various time zones in the world.....

      Feel free to join in the group read!

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Marcelo Pereira"

      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FIyolB/TM
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
        Hiya,

        Using the group calender would be a great idea for initiating future
        discussions - thanks for pointing that out!

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Mike Vallender <mike@v...>
        wrote:
        > check this out:

        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?cities=152,196,47,28,236,136,195,43,137,179,256

        > I use it all the time for setting up International appointments.
        >
        > I think you will also find that if you put the appointments into the
        group calendar, it will automatically adjust it for other viewers, the
        person who sets the appointment will have the absolute time, everyone
        else will see it as they have set up their preferences of where they are.

        > I have set up a test appointment, you should get it soon. Lets see
        how good it is :-)

        > Kindest Regards
        >

        > Mike Vallender
        > Executive Chairperson | www.vallender.com |

      • Cleomadjai
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 19, 2004
          Hi, I hope I have this right - chapters 21-24?  That is a little different in my book (the hardback) as there isn't a 21-24 but I'm guessing this is about the Greenies arriving in Pliocene Earth?

          I reread the chapter and it was very entertaining.  I loved the fact that the Greenies were onto the whole dodgy Castle Gateway thing.  As the Greenies arrive they are whisked away while feeling disorientated and nauseous past the slavering beardogs and locked into rooms in the Castle.

          Richard, the well-seasoned captain of a spaceship was still very alert and recognized BS when he heard it and dodged his keeper and found more than he bargained for when he mysteriously ended up in Lady Epone's rooms.  She was quite a sinister character and proved quite merciless in her testing of him for metafunctions and her callous discarding of Richard.

          Elizabeth has the most bitter experience - escaping the silence of being unable to rejoin her beloved Unity in the Milieu due to her blocked metafunctions.  Then to find that the trip throught the timegate has unlocked the metafuntions and she now has full use in a world that hasn't experienced Unity, so she is still alone.

          Aitken Drum of course soon sizes up the situation and decides it's workable for an 'entrepreneur' like himself.  In fact it becomes very workable for him and he finds he has deeply hidden talents that will frighten the bejesus out the Tanu - the aliens who have taken up residence on Pliocene Earth.  He is give a silver circlet around his neck - a kind of techie control collar.

          Stein gets a rough welcome as he snaps into viking mode and lays waste around him in the corridor of the castle with bodies of the alien's toadies everywhere until he is subdued and a dull metal collar is put around his neck.

          Felice is very on the ball and refuses to be tested for metafunctions, while leaking 'girly' fears of the testing machine to the Lady Epone in a brilliant cover up.  Anyone who knew Felice would know that is so not Felice.  She and Amerie find out the reason why women are so prized - the sterlization op can be reversed and they are to be used as brood mares as our sun renderes the Exotics unable to bear children.

          Not quite the escape and paradise the Greenies were expecting.  Enslavement to an alien race for all except possibly Elizabeth - whom everyone is treating as though she were a princess.  But she is still a little disorientated and doesn't realize exactly what the set up is and what is really going to happen to her friends.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2004
            Hiya,

            I think in the future I will have to 'rename' the chapters when we
            have the next Group Read(TM) since we're in the second part of TMCL
            at the moment, and it will get confusing to say 'chapter 27 etc'.

            Here is my two cents on the chapters anyway....

            As it has been already pointed out, our Group Greenies are smart
            enough to see through the pseudo-Disneyland <g> type world they find
            themselves in.

            I thought it was interesting that Richard perceived a sense
            of 'diminishing life force' on his particular journey back through
            time. Not surprisingly he's the type to try and escape his 'guides'
            as soon as he can but ends up having his mind thoroughly tested for
            meta powers by Lady Epone (who reminds me of a more malevolent
            Galadriel from LoTR). Ouch.

            Elizabeth, despite the shock of seeing a different race of people
            and finding her powers are back, is nevertheless alarmed to hear her
            friends are being split up and insists on seeing them.....

            Aiken, like Richard, isn't going to hang around and manages to
            escape, but witnesses Stein (who has gone into full-on berserker
            rage at being locked up) being recaptured after trying to (bloodily)
            escape. Stein is given a gray collar (for the slave-type people)
            while Aiken finds himself with a silver one. However, he sees the
            potential for him in this unusual jewellery...

            Amerie, who hears the fighting going on, decides she's going to
            escape as well, but is discovered before she does so. She is
            eventually taken to Lady Epone for 'testing' - but in a more gentler
            way than Richard, fortunately. Naturally Felice (who's with her)
            decides there's no way she will have her mind interfered with and
            does her 'frightened girl' act to fool the Tanu...

            It's interesting that the ability that the Tanu prize above all
            others is the redaction/healing talent, which is why Elizabeth was
            treated like a princess....