Re: Brede's Tale - book anyone?

  • fernandovelarde
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2003
      I think They only printed some 500 (special edition) and I guess a small bunch of
      paperbacks.. But never saw them in the stores....

      Are they really talking about making the books into a Movie...? or is this just wishfull
      thinking from the list... It would be great though...

      Much better than Harry Potter or Lord of The Rings.. In my opinion, ja! : )

      Thanks

      fjv

      ___________

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice Thomas" <mozzer@m...>

    • Maurice Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 10, 2003
        'Tis just wishful thinking from the list.  That and the fact someone has mentioned that JM isn't opposed to there being movies (which is the usual reason why there aren't movies made).  But what with Miramax optioning virtually everything Stan Lee has ever written, I think it will be a while before Hollyweird turns away from character-driven superhero fodder and back to ensemble-driven fantasy literature for inspiration.  Although I gather a certain trilogy of films about a magic ring is doing rather well at the moment, so we shall see...

        Cheers
        Maurice

        !

        > Noigle
        > Maurice

        also?

        > Thanks for the answers.
        >
        > Good
        luck!

        > fjv
        >

        >       Yahoo! Groups
        Sponsor

        > To unsubscribe from
        this group, send an email to:

      • Niall Perry
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 10, 2003
          I had an opertunity to purchase Brede's Tale a year or so back, but
          at a cost of almost 300 Euros, bit too rich for my pocket at the
          time.

          Maybe soon i can justify spending that on a single book, here's hoping

          Niall
        • Maurice Thomas
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 11, 2003
            That's quite a price to pay for a book.  I can appreciate JM's pleasure at having created something that a future Rogi might give pride of place to alongside his asbestos-covered Fahrenheit 451 (doubtless these days something that would have to be removed by the council).   I was actually on the point of muttering "yeah, all very well, but that means we won't get to read it", but then I did a little digging, and it turns out we all have read it, since it is an excerpt from the Golden Torc.  Just happens to have leather binding and be individually numbered and signed by author and illustrators. Heh.

            This page makes interesting reading :  http://www.depauw.edu/sfs/backissues/61/reginald61art.htm

            Looks like the print run was 300, of which 100 were leather bound. I have to admit it would be pretty tragic to see one of the leather bound ones turn up for sale, as presumably they would have been given as presents to friends & colleagues.  Even for a non-leather bound version, I suspect 300 Euros was reasonable.

            Cheers
            Maurice

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 11, 2003
              Mmh.. so its just a special edition book...

              I thought it had new material. It would be nice to have one for the novelty, but I'm not
              THAT big a fan. In fact replacing my old paperbacks for hardcovers is just a small
              pleasue, I'm giving me.... $60 for 3 books including shipping (in fact 30 is for the
              books and 30 for shipping : ) )
              ____

              What other series/novel by Julina May is good reading?
              Considering I liked very much her Pliocence series

              thanks

              fjv