Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Digest Number 573

    Message 1 of 2 , May 28 12:28 AM
      > I'm intrigued, but to be sadly honest, I think Pallol's Place will
      > be coming down soon. I just don't have time to give it the resources
      > it deserves - updating, promoting etc. It seems kind of a drain on
      > the old finances as well paying for a site's hosting and domain
      > registration when I don't even get chance to visit myself any more.

      At the least we can store the artwork on this site in our files section. Be
      sad though about the whole site *cry*.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 28 12:32 AM
        Caris wrote:
        > Hello again. and thanks Frank...I had forgotton that JM hasalso written some
        > books with other authors..... I wonder if Julian May and Ursula le Guin
        > would ever get together and write? What do you think? I also love Ursula le
        > Guin's writing...and she has a similar gift of creating beautiful male
        > characters (in my opinion).....

        That's funny I was just thinking a lot about Ursula le Guin today. I was
        thinking about The Left Hand of Darkness - I had to watch a video on
        psychological development of gender identity which included footage of sex
        change for hermaphrodites and genital correction of children - it wasn't
        pretty and thinking about the more intellectual aspects of gender identity
        helped get me through it. I too think le Guin is an amazing writer, and I
        have never before considered a collaboration between her and Jm but agree it
        would be a brilliant idea.