Hello; Unifex and the Quincunx

  • homologoustrend <asayeed@mbl.ca>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hi there! As you can tell by my user id, I'm a Julian May fan. I
      read the books in order (Exile, Intervention, Milieu) several years
      ago, and I'm re-reading some of them now. I agree with a previous
      post: the consistency of the work is astounding, right down to the
      quotations.
      (Like in The Adversary and The Magnificat, "It's finished BigBrother
      now you must magnify too like it or not scent of white pine fading
      gemlight crash of {silence, Unity triumphant}..."--I almost cried
      rereading both of them and seeing how beautifully they corresponded to
      each other.)

      But I have a question: do the other Supervisors know who Unifex really
      is? They seem to think that prolepsis accounts for his perfect
      accuracy, rather than experience. I wouldn't be surprised if he's
      concealed it from them.

      --Homologous Trend.
    • Nicolette Lewer <nicolel@iconz.co.nz>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "homologoustrend
        <asayeed@m...>" <asayeed@m...> wrote:
        > Hi there! As you can tell by my user id, I'm a Julian May fan. I
        > read the books in order (Exile, Intervention, Milieu) several years
        > ago, and I'm re-reading some of them now. I agree with a previous
        > post: the consistency of the work is astounding, right down to the
        > quotations.
        > (Like in The Adversary and The Magnificat, "It's finished
        BigBrother
        > now you must magnify too like it or not scent of white pine fading
        > gemlight crash of {silence, Unity triumphant}..."--I almost cried
        > rereading both of them and seeing how beautifully they
        corresponded to
        > each other.)
        >
        > But I have a question: do the other Supervisors know who Unifex
        really
        > is? They seem to think that prolepsis accounts for his perfect
        > accuracy, rather than experience. I wouldn't be surprised if he's
        > concealed it from them.
        >
        > --Homologous Trend.

        Hi there,

        I don't believe the other Supervisors know Unifex's real identity.
        They know that he's atoning for a horrific crime but probably not
        that he was human once. There's a section somewhere in the books
        where they have a condescending attitude towawrds Unifex taking on
        human form from time to time - almost as if they think he has
        gone 'slumming with lower life forms'.