hardback julian may

  • borealis12000 <graham@gilshaw.demon.co.u
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
      Hello everyone. I have just stumbled upon this discussion group, and
      as I am a HUGE fan of Julian May, thought I'd join.
      I've recently replaced my battered, many-times-read paperback copies
      of:
      Intervention
      Jack The Bodiless
      Diamond Mask
      Magnificat
      and bought and hardback of "A Pliocene companion"
      They are all second hand through ABE books on the 'net, but in
      exceptionally good condition.
      Obviously I now want hardback copies of all the "exile" series, but I
      cannot find ANY for sale in the UK. Does anyone know if they were
      published here, or have you ever seen any for sale?
      I have seen some for sale in the US, but I don't really want Book
      Club editions. As much as I wanted the boxed set of signed first
      editions recently advertised, I weep at the price of 500 US dollars.
      Any advice or info would be most welcome.
      I'm glad there are plenty of people out there who appreciate well
      written sci-fi like Julians work. Perhaps someone could recommend
      other authors who write like this. (I'm reading Alastair
      Reynolds "Chasm City" at the moment- very good, but not AS good).

      Happy reading all.
    • Cleomadjai

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003

          Hi and welcome.