New poll for Julian-May-discuss

  • Julian-May-discuss@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 5, 2000
      Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
      group:

      What is your least favourite Julian May
      novel?
      (I'm not going to count the Trillium
      novels in this vot

      o The Many Coloured Land
      o The Golden Torc
      o The Nonborn King
      o The Adversary
      o Intervention
      o Jack the Bodiless
      o Diamond Mask
      o Magnificat
      o Orion Arm
      o Perseus Spur
      o The Sagittarius Whorl

      http://www.egroups.com/polls/Julian-May-discuss

      not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Julian-May-discuss@egroups.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 5, 2000
        Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
        group:

        Favourite character?

        o Marc Remillard
        o Aiken Drum
        o Felice Landry
        o Rogatien Remillard
        o Kieran O'Connor
        o Jon Remillard (Jack the Bodiless)
        o Dorothea MacDonald (Diamond Mask)
        o Denis Remillard
        o Kuhal Earthshaker
        o Culluket Interrogator
        o Claude Majewski
        o Elizabeth Orme
        o Lucille Cartier
        o Masha MacGregor
        o Katlinel the Darkeyed
        o Sugoll
        o Ayfa and Sharn

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 21, 2000
          Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
          group:

          Does Atoning Unifex truly atone? If so,
          at what point in the story?

          o Atoning Unifex never truly atones
          o He tries to atone but doesn't suceed
          o He tries to atone but unconsciously still fosters Marc's evil ambitions
          o He atones at the end of 'The Adversary' when he is told about the Duat opportunity for atonement
          o He atones whilst working in the Duat Galaxy
          o He atones when Liz leaves him in Duat
          o He atones after becoming a Lylmik
          o He atones during the time he helps Rogi write the Memoirs
          o He atones as he expires (the 'pray for me' scene)

          http://www.egroups.com/polls/Julian-May-discuss

          not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • Elena
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 21, 2000
            how about a poll on favourite alien species?

            hmmm, tough choice for me: Gi or Lylmik? :)

            Elena
          • Julian-May-discuss@egroups.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 28, 2000
              Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
              group:

              What is your favourite alien species in
              either the Pliocene or Milieu series?

              o Lylmik
              o Krondaku
              o Simbiari
              o Gi
              o Poltroyan
              o Tanu
              o Firvulag
              o Brede's race
              o The Ship's race
              o Mental Man (!)

            • Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 30, 2001
                Julian-May-discuss group:

                Which Milieu or Pliocene book would make
                the best Movie/Miniseries?

                o The Many Coloured Land
                o The Golden Torc
                o The Non Born King
                o The Adversary
                o Intervention
                o Jack the Bodiless
                o Diamond Mask
                o Magnificat
                o All of them in sequence
                o None (I prefer my imagination)

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
                  Julian-May-discuss group:

                  Okay folks visit
                  http://www.pallol.com/competition_entrie
                  s.html and then come back here and vote
                  for your favourite picture.

                  o Goddess
                  o Dorothea
                  o Tower
                  o Mental Man
                  o Airplant Harvest
                  o Elizabeth
                  o Laika
                  o Avenger
                  o Lylmik Enclave
                  o Intervention

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 21 9:42 PM
                    Julian-May-discuss group:

                    Who should play the part of Felice in
                    the Exiles/Milieu Movie

                    o Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy)
                    o Natalie Portman (Star Wars)
                    o Angelina Jolie (Lara Croft)
                    o Christina Ricci (Wednesday Addams Family)
                    o Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia / Angel)

                    web site listed above.

                    Thanks!
                  • Mike Vallender
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 21 9:46 PM
                      Couldn't help myself :-)

                      Hope you don't mind, I thought that this might be a good way help the
                      debate, I started with Felice, just went back through some posts, can
                      add more (up to 25) options.

                      Regards

                      Mike Vallender

                      o Christina Ricci (Wednesday Addams Family)
                      o Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia / Angel)

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 21 9:51 PM
                        I'm doing a similar mission myself at the moment - started pulling up posts
                        but I'm now working from memory to think of who we 'cast'!

                        on 22/7/02 2:46 PM, Mike Vallender at mike@... wrote:

                        > Couldn't help myself :-)
                        >
                        > Hope you don't mind, I thought that this might be a good way help the
                        > debate, I started with Felice, just went back through some posts, can
                        > add more (up to 25) options.
                        >

                        > Regards
                        >
                        > Mike Vallender

                      • Mike Vallender
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 21 9:58 PM
                          Excellent!!!

                          If we return candidates to the original message that gets posted when
                          the poll is created, it will make it easier to add them to the list.

                          Regards

                          Mike Vallender

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 9, 2003
                            Julian-May-discuss group:

                            Who is your favourite member of the
                            original Group Green?

                            o Bryan Grenfell
                            o Stein Oleson
                            o Richard Voorhees
                            o Claude Majewski
                            o Amerie Roccaro
                            o Aiken Drum
                            o Elizabeth Orme
                            o Felice Landry

                            web site listed above.

                            Thanks!
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 14, 2003
                              > Julian-May-discuss group:
                              >
                              > Who is your favourite member of the
                              > original Group Green?

                              I forgot to write in my previous email - all members can still set
                              up their own polls!! I'll only retract this right if it gets sabotaged
                              too - hopefully no one will ever go to the bother!!
                              Just as an interesting tidbit, the most respondants to any poll
                              have been to the 'Who is your favourite character?' poll - currently
                              61 respondants. The results at the moment are below - they are
                              quite interesting! Obviously the roguish and the downright bad
                              are much better liked than the sugar sweet goodies!! (Marc,
                              Rogi, Felice and Aiken between them have a whopping 80% of
                              the vote! Between them Diamond and Jack only have 1 vote!!!!!).

                              Marc Remillard 21 34.43%
                              Rogatien Remillard 17 27.87%
                              Felice Landry 7 11.48%
                              Aiken Drum 5 8.20%
                              Dorothea MacDonald (Diamond Mask) 2 3.28%
                              Claude Majewski 2 3.28%
                              Elizabeth Orme 2 3.28%
                              Katlinel the Darkeyed 2 3.28%
                              Kieran O'Connor 1 1.64%
                              Sugoll 1 1.64%
                              Culluket Interrogator 1 1.64%
                              Jon Remillard (Jack the Bodiless) 0 0.00%
                              Denis Remillard 0 0.00%
                              Kuhal Earthshaker 0 0.00%
                              Lucille Cartier 0 0.00%
                              Masha MacGregor 0 0.00%
                              Ayfa and Sharn 0 0.00%
                            • Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 10, 2003
                                Julian-May-discuss group:

                                Hi all,

                                I couldn't bare to try and get
                                consensus knowing there is a polling
                                feature right here and not using it :-)

                                This poll will self distruct in 7
                                days, whichever name gets the most
                                votes, I will register the following
                                week, and our fan site will live!!!

                                Cheers

                                Mike

                                Q: What would your prefer we call the
                                new Julian May Fan site?

                                o TheEloquentPage.com
                                o CastleGateway.com
                                o TMCL.com
                                o TheManyColouredLand.com
                                o TheManyColoredLand.com
                                o TheGalacticMiliue.com
                                o plioceneearth.com
                                o GroupGreen.com
                                o HiddenSprings.com
                                o HighVrazel.com
                                o OldEarth.com
                                o FansOfJulianMay.com
                                o Maysworld.com

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 17, 2013
                                  Julian-May-discuss group:

                                  What is your favourite UK cover of the reissued Saga of the Exiles?

                                  o The Many Coloured Land
                                  o The Golden Torc
                                  o The Non Born King
                                  o The Adversary
                                  o I prefer the original cover art, thanks
                                  o Ticky box!!

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 28, 2013
                                    Julian-May-discuss group:

                                    What is your favourite UK cover of the reissued Galactic Milieu series? (including Intervention)

                                    o Intervention
                                    o Jack the Bodiless
                                    o Diamond Mask
                                    o Magnificat