New poll for Julian-May-discuss

  • Julian-May-discuss@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 5, 2000
      Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
      group:

      What is your favourite Julian May novel?

      o The Many Coloured Land
      o The Golden Torc
      o The Nonborn King
      o The Adversary
      o Intervention
      o Jack the Bodiless
      o Diamond Mask
      o Magnificat
      o Perseus Spur
      o Orion Arm
      o The Sagittarius Whorl
      o Black Trillium
      o Blood Trillium
      o Sky Trillium
      o Brede's Tale

      http://www.egroups.com/polls/Julian-May-discuss

      not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Julian-May-discuss@egroups.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 5, 2000
        Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
        group:

        What is your least favourite Julian May
        novel?
        (I'm not going to count the Trillium
        novels in this vot

        o The Many Coloured Land
        o The Golden Torc
        o The Nonborn King
        o The Adversary
        o Intervention
        o Jack the Bodiless
        o Diamond Mask
        o Magnificat
        o Orion Arm
        o Perseus Spur
        o The Sagittarius Whorl

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 5, 2000
          Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
          group:

          Favourite character?

          o Marc Remillard
          o Aiken Drum
          o Felice Landry
          o Rogatien Remillard
          o Kieran O'Connor
          o Jon Remillard (Jack the Bodiless)
          o Dorothea MacDonald (Diamond Mask)
          o Denis Remillard
          o Kuhal Earthshaker
          o Culluket Interrogator
          o Claude Majewski
          o Elizabeth Orme
          o Lucille Cartier
          o Masha MacGregor
          o Katlinel the Darkeyed
          o Sugoll
          o Ayfa and Sharn

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 21, 2000
            Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
            group:

            Does Atoning Unifex truly atone? If so,
            at what point in the story?

            o Atoning Unifex never truly atones
            o He tries to atone but doesn't suceed
            o He tries to atone but unconsciously still fosters Marc's evil ambitions
            o He atones at the end of 'The Adversary' when he is told about the Duat opportunity for atonement
            o He atones whilst working in the Duat Galaxy
            o He atones when Liz leaves him in Duat
            o He atones after becoming a Lylmik
            o He atones during the time he helps Rogi write the Memoirs
            o He atones as he expires (the 'pray for me' scene)

            http://www.egroups.com/polls/Julian-May-discuss

            not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • Elena
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 21, 2000
              how about a poll on favourite alien species?

              hmmm, tough choice for me: Gi or Lylmik? :)

              Elena
            • Julian-May-discuss@egroups.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 28, 2000
                Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Julian-May-discuss
                group:

                What is your favourite alien species in
                either the Pliocene or Milieu series?

                o Lylmik
                o Krondaku
                o Simbiari
                o Gi
                o Poltroyan
                o Tanu
                o Firvulag
                o Brede's race
                o The Ship's race
                o Mental Man (!)

              • Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 30, 2001
                  Julian-May-discuss group:

                  Which Milieu or Pliocene book would make
                  the best Movie/Miniseries?

                  o The Many Coloured Land
                  o The Golden Torc
                  o The Non Born King
                  o The Adversary
                  o Intervention
                  o Jack the Bodiless
                  o Diamond Mask
                  o Magnificat
                  o All of them in sequence
                  o None (I prefer my imagination)

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
                    Julian-May-discuss group:

                    Okay folks visit
                    http://www.pallol.com/competition_entrie
                    s.html and then come back here and vote
                    for your favourite picture.

                    o Goddess
                    o Dorothea
                    o Tower
                    o Mental Man
                    o Airplant Harvest
                    o Elizabeth
                    o Laika
                    o Avenger
                    o Lylmik Enclave
                    o Intervention

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 21, 2002
                      Julian-May-discuss group:

                      Who should play the part of Felice in
                      the Exiles/Milieu Movie

                      o Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy)
                      o Natalie Portman (Star Wars)
                      o Angelina Jolie (Lara Croft)
                      o Christina Ricci (Wednesday Addams Family)
                      o Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia / Angel)

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • Mike Vallender
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 21, 2002
                        Couldn't help myself :-)

                        Hope you don't mind, I thought that this might be a good way help the
                        debate, I started with Felice, just went back through some posts, can
                        add more (up to 25) options.

                        Regards

                        Mike Vallender

                        o Christina Ricci (Wednesday Addams Family)
                        o Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia / Angel)

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!

                        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 21, 2002
                          I'm doing a similar mission myself at the moment - started pulling up posts
                          but I'm now working from memory to think of who we 'cast'!

                          on 22/7/02 2:46 PM, Mike Vallender at mike@... wrote:

                          > Couldn't help myself :-)
                          >
                          > Hope you don't mind, I thought that this might be a good way help the
                          > debate, I started with Felice, just went back through some posts, can
                          > add more (up to 25) options.
                          >

                          > Regards
                          >
                          > Mike Vallender

                        • Mike Vallender
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 21, 2002
                            Excellent!!!

                            If we return candidates to the original message that gets posted when
                            the poll is created, it will make it easier to add them to the list.

                            Regards

                            Mike Vallender

                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 9, 2003
                              Julian-May-discuss group:

                              Who is your favourite member of the
                              original Group Green?

                              o Bryan Grenfell
                              o Stein Oleson
                              o Richard Voorhees
                              o Claude Majewski
                              o Amerie Roccaro
                              o Aiken Drum
                              o Elizabeth Orme
                              o Felice Landry

                              web site listed above.

                              Thanks!
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 14, 2003
                                > Julian-May-discuss group:
                                >
                                > Who is your favourite member of the
                                > original Group Green?

                                I forgot to write in my previous email - all members can still set
                                up their own polls!! I'll only retract this right if it gets sabotaged
                                too - hopefully no one will ever go to the bother!!
                                Just as an interesting tidbit, the most respondants to any poll
                                have been to the 'Who is your favourite character?' poll - currently
                                61 respondants. The results at the moment are below - they are
                                quite interesting! Obviously the roguish and the downright bad
                                are much better liked than the sugar sweet goodies!! (Marc,
                                Rogi, Felice and Aiken between them have a whopping 80% of
                                the vote! Between them Diamond and Jack only have 1 vote!!!!!).

                                Marc Remillard 21 34.43%
                                Rogatien Remillard 17 27.87%
                                Felice Landry 7 11.48%
                                Aiken Drum 5 8.20%
                                Dorothea MacDonald (Diamond Mask) 2 3.28%
                                Claude Majewski 2 3.28%
                                Elizabeth Orme 2 3.28%
                                Katlinel the Darkeyed 2 3.28%
                                Kieran O'Connor 1 1.64%
                                Sugoll 1 1.64%
                                Culluket Interrogator 1 1.64%
                                Jon Remillard (Jack the Bodiless) 0 0.00%
                                Denis Remillard 0 0.00%
                                Kuhal Earthshaker 0 0.00%
                                Lucille Cartier 0 0.00%
                                Masha MacGregor 0 0.00%
                                Ayfa and Sharn 0 0.00%
                              • Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 17 , Nov 10, 2003
                                  Julian-May-discuss group:

                                  Hi all,

                                  I couldn't bare to try and get
                                  consensus knowing there is a polling
                                  feature right here and not using it :-)

                                  This poll will self distruct in 7
                                  days, whichever name gets the most
                                  votes, I will register the following
                                  week, and our fan site will live!!!

                                  Cheers

                                  Mike

                                  Q: What would your prefer we call the
                                  new Julian May Fan site?

                                  o TheEloquentPage.com
                                  o CastleGateway.com
                                  o TMCL.com
                                  o TheManyColouredLand.com
                                  o TheManyColoredLand.com
                                  o TheGalacticMiliue.com
                                  o plioceneearth.com
                                  o GroupGreen.com
                                  o HiddenSprings.com
                                  o HighVrazel.com
                                  o OldEarth.com
                                  o FansOfJulianMay.com
                                  o Maysworld.com

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 17, 2013
                                    Julian-May-discuss group:

                                    What is your favourite UK cover of the reissued Saga of the Exiles?

                                    o The Many Coloured Land
                                    o The Golden Torc
                                    o The Non Born King
                                    o The Adversary
                                    o I prefer the original cover art, thanks
                                    o Ticky box!!

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 28, 2013
                                      Julian-May-discuss group:

                                      What is your favourite UK cover of the reissued Galactic Milieu series? (including Intervention)

                                      o Intervention
                                      o Jack the Bodiless
                                      o Diamond Mask
                                      o Magnificat