Re: [Julian-May-discuss] skivvers!!

  • Cleomadjai
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 9, 2002

      Okey dokey, I admit I monitor the thoughts of you higher beings from ...work (under Lylmik orders of course).  Altho I occassionly cruise an internet cafe (when on the Concillium Orb) at odd times, which kind explain my time zones

      Also, Nicolette was enquirying a while ago about the origins of our lot; I was born & raised in NZ but now live in sunny UK.

      Bob for some strange reason I have the impression that you are a Brommie?  Is this so?

      Cleomadjai

       bob wrote:

      Well judging from time zones and emailings...

      That's me, you, Marc - of course - Nicolette, Leda (occasionally) and I
      suspect Cleomadjai, but of course that could be wild speculation on my part.
      *grin*

      Come on the rest of you, own up, who's skivving?

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
        Ex-Brummie, I now live in Tamworth in Staffordshire - which is nice. *smile* I do still work (well I turn-up anyway) in Birmingham though.

        > was just wondering how many people on this
        > > list actually monitor it
        > > from work, how many from home?
        > >
        > > regards to all
        > >
        > > BTBG

      • Maurice Thomas
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
          <brummie joke>
          Noddy Holder, famous Brummie of Slade notoriety, was once asked about his outfits, and a long debate ensued about his trademark top hats. Then the intervierwer asked him whether he had a Kipper tie. "Two sugars, please", responded Noddy.
          </brummie joke>

          I from London via Cambridge and Aberystwyth and now live in the lake district, where I amuse myself fell-walking and drawing pictures of Wordsworth being blown off hills due to his big shirt acting as a kite
          Ex-Brummie, I now live in Tamworth in Staffordshire - which is nice. *smile* I do still work (well I turn-up anyway) in Birmingham though.

          > was just wondering how many people on this
          > > list actually monitor it
          > > from work, how many from home?
          > >
          > > regards to all
          > >
          > > BTBG

        • bob
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
            You'll have to stop by and say hello to Marcel next time you're up this way. *smile*
            Aah Tamworth.  I know it as I often visit friends in the village of Penkridge.

            Cleomadjai

            Ex-Brummie, I now live in Tamworth in Staffordshire - which is nice. *smile* I do still work (well I turn-up anyway) in Birmingham though.

            > was just wondering how many people on this
            > > list actually monitor it
            > > from work, how many from home?
            > >
            > > regards to all
            > >
            > > BTBG

          • bob
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
              Is that as good as it gets is it?

              Besides I thought the best Brummie joke was Clare Short, I'm just amazed noby else gets it!? *grin*
              Noddy Holder, famous Brummie of Slade notoriety, was once asked about his outfits, and a long debate ensued about his trademark top hats. Then the intervierwer asked him whether he had a Kipper tie. "Two sugars, please", responded Noddy.
              </brummie joke>

              I from London via Cambridge and Aberystwyth and now live in the lake district, where I amuse myself fell-walking and drawing pictures of Wordsworth being blown off hills due to his big shirt acting as a kite
              Ex-Brummie, I now live in Tamworth in Staffordshire - which is nice. *smile* I do still work (well I turn-up anyway) in Birmingham though.

              > was just wondering how many people on this
              > > list actually monitor it
              > > from work, how many from home?
              > >
              > > regards to all
              > >
              > > BTBG

            • Cleomadjai
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002

                Aah Tamworth.  I know it as I often visit friends in the village of Penkridge.

                Cleomadjai

                Ex-Brummie, I now live in Tamworth in Staffordshire - which is nice. *smile* I do still work (well I turn-up anyway) in Birmingham though.

                > was just wondering how many people on this
                > > list actually monitor it
                > > from work, how many from home?
                > >
                > > regards to all
                > >
                > > BTBG

              • Marc Remillard
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                  Salutations all,

                  Sorry for the delay in my responses, but my CE rig and
                  I have been traveling. Anyway, I too check in while
                  at work. As for the Brummie joke...bloody hell that's
                  a classic. Any other beauts like that you care to
                  share? BTW Bob, your wife is she a goer? know what I
                  mean? nudge, nudge, say no more...wink,
                  wink,....P.H.O.T.G.R.A.P.H.S??? :-)(Monty Python Ref.)
                  ELLO, ELLO!

                  Cheers,

                  Marc

                  http://faith.yahoo.com
                • bob
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                    Do you want to explain that!!

                    > Sorry for the delay in my responses, but my CE rig and
                    > I have been traveling. Anyway, I too check in while
                    > at work. As for the Brummie joke...bloody hell that's
                    > a classic. Any other beauts like that you care to
                    > share? BTW Bob, your wife is she a goer? know what I
                    > mean? nudge, nudge, say no more...wink,
                    > wink,....P.H.O.T.G.R.A.P.H.S??? :-)(Monty Python Ref.)
                    > ELLO, ELLO!
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    >
                    > Marc
                    >

                    > --- Maurice Thomas <mozzer@...> wrote:
                    > > <brummie joke>
                    > > Noddy Holder, famous Brummie of Slade notoriety, was
                    > > once asked about his
                    > > outfits, and a long debate ensued about his
                    > > trademark top hats. Then the
                    > > intervierwer asked him whether he had a Kipper tie.
                    > > "Two sugars, please",
                    > > responded Noddy.
                    > > </brummie joke>
                    > >
                    > > I from London via Cambridge and Aberystwyth and now
                    > > live in the lake
                    > > district, where I amuse myself fell-walking and
                    > > drawing pictures of
                    > > Wordsworth being blown off hills due to his big
                    > > shirt acting as a kite

                  • g.norfolk
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                      From what I can see there are large NZ, Oz and UK contingents in the group.
                      It would be interesting to take a poll of where everyone is located to get
                      an idea where JM's work gets read and is popular.

                      I go out to work (paid) part time, then come home to slave (unpaid, lots of
                      abuse, fights for the PC). Reading the postings from this group is
                      considered skiving! ( how do you lot manage to talk about Julian May all the
                      time? What, not reading the Julan May postings again.! Mum when is dinner
                      gonna be ready? get off the computer I need it for homework!)

                      Sometimes I miss full-time work and unlimited access a computer dedicated
                      solely to me.

                      Helen
                    • Marc Remillard
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002

                        Sure.  I thought you were referring to some English humor and thought of a Monty Python Skit.  One in which two guys are in a restaurant at differnet tables back to back. The one, I think Terry Giliam, innocently makes a comment regarding service and the other, Eric Idle, turns and begins interacting with him and then winds up being an obnoxious individual that provides the comments I listed.  The other gentleman take offense and basically responds as you did. I meant know offense .

                        Marc - maybe I should just stick to coordinating the stabilization of planet plate tectonics....

                         bob wrote:

                        Do you want to explain that!!

                        > Sorry for the delay in my responses, but my CE rig and
                        > I have been traveling.  Anyway, I too check in while
                        > at work.  As for the Brummie joke...bloody hell that's
                        > a classic.  Any other beauts like that you care to
                        > share?  BTW Bob, your wife is she a goer? know what I
                        > mean? nudge, nudge, say no more...wink,
                        > wink,....P.H.O.T.G.R.A.P.H.S??? :-)(Monty Python Ref.)
                        > ELLO, ELLO!
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        >
                        > Marc
                        >

                        > --- Maurice Thomas <mozzer@...> wrote:
                        > > <brummie joke>
                        > > Noddy Holder, famous Brummie of Slade notoriety, was
                        > > once asked about his
                        > > outfits, and a long debate ensued about his
                        > > trademark top hats. Then the
                        > > intervierwer asked him whether he had a Kipper tie.
                        > > "Two sugars, please",
                        > > responded Noddy.
                        > > </brummie joke>
                        > >
                        > > I from London via Cambridge and Aberystwyth and now
                        > > live in the lake
                        > > district, where I amuse myself fell-walking and
                        > > drawing pictures of
                        > > Wordsworth being blown off hills due to his big
                        > > shirt acting as a kite

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                        faith.yahoo.com

                      • Marc Remillard
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002

                          Hi Helen,

                          I'm in NYC.  I work there but live in NJ.  I'm also nterested in seeing the composition of the group, afterall doesn't JM live in the US?  Seattle - I think I can't recall.

                          Bloody hell, gotta run.

                          Cheerio!

                          Marc

                           "g.norfolk" wrote:

                          From what I can see there are large NZ, Oz and UK contingents in the group.
                          It would be interesting to take a poll of where everyone is located to get
                          an idea where JM's work gets read and is popular.

                          I go out to work (paid) part time, then come home to slave (unpaid, lots of
                          abuse, fights for the PC). Reading the postings from this group is
                          considered skiving! ( how do you lot manage to talk about Julian May all the
                          time? What, not reading the Julan May postings again.! Mum when is dinner
                          gonna be ready? get off the computer I need it for homework!)

                          Sometimes I miss full-time work and unlimited access a computer dedicated
                          solely to me.

                          Helen

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                          faith.yahoo.com

                        • Jabberwocky1469
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                            ...Buenos Aires, Argentina...

                          • MJ
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002
                              Spokane, Washington.
                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 10, 2002

                                Hi all,

                                My work and personal life are just one big blur, so I get the email all day long.  Sometimes I have a lot of time to go through them, some times I just skim.

                                I live in Melbourne Australia, which I might add was just voted the most liveable city in the world.

                                I was originally born in Middlesborough UK, but we emigrated when I was 6, so I don’t really remember much about the UK.  I do plan to get back for a holiday some time.

                                I am buried at the moment with a recent house move, which I am sure everybody can relate to as a not very much fun thing to do.

                                High thoughts to everyone around Earth, and to any incognito ET’s who may be spying on our group :-)

                                Regards

                                Mike Vallender