Completely off topic McGuyver and UK TV.

  • bob
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Ooh sorry but yes, McGuyver was repeated last year on satellite - can't
      remember if it was UK Gold or Granada (It might even of been UK Play), but
      yup him of the handi-dandi-do-it-all-who-needs-a-swiss-army-knife-not-me
      ways made it back briefly to UK screens. Keep watch on the general TV
      listings, it might crop up anywhere as late night filler material.

      And as to Michael Shanks and SG1, in case you don't have SKY....

      *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

      His character was semi-killed off as he went to join the harsisis and has
      been replaced by another alien, Jonas Quinn (human looking of course) who
      was involved vicariously with his death. Jonas is played by Corin Nemec who
      you may remember from the Ferris Bueller inspired TV series Parker Lewis
      Can't Lose.

      *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

      Looks like you'll have to start lusting after Mr Anderson or Christopher
      Judge (Teal'c) *grin*

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
        Thanks for the info Bob.

        Myself and three offspring are all dedicated Stargate fans and are highly disappointed at Daniel Jackson being written off. SKY-1 is the favorite cable channel in our house due to the vast re-runs of so many quality SF series. Geoff (hubby) reckons that you cant switch it on without being bombarded with 'Star Drek' as he puts it. But then he is alone in that sentiment as I have sucessfully indoctrinated the kids who all highly rate Buffy, Roswell, Star Trek (we like Voyager best.. I know some of the group will not agree)

        In fact one of their fave SF films is... Starship Troopers. Memo to self: I must introduce eldest to the Robert Heinlein book.

        And sorry, I'm afraid none of the other, including the new guy cut it for me. I'm a sucker for the educated bloke!

        *big grin*

        Helen