Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: The Big Myth site/Who should play ...

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 7, 2002
      From: "cleomadjai" <cleomadjai@...>
      To: <Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 6:58 AM
      Subject: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: The Big Myth site/Who should play ...

      > Hi Guys
      >
      > What was the upshot of the question about the poll? I think we
      > should give it a go, as I have been trying to read the postings since
      > the 'Who should play Felice etc' thing came up.
      >
      > I have gone a bit lost along the way, I must confess. But it
      > intrigues the hell out of me.
      >
      > I thought Nicolette's idea about Rufus Sewell (having worked out
      > hugely) was inspired. Mmmm Marc is really a dark character who is
      > very sultry and quite passionate (when his subconcious takes over or
      > if it is about one of his precious hobbyhorses). And what about
      > Viggo Mortenson in a dark, cury wig? Before everyone thinks I have
      > gone mad (or madder) think about JM's description of Marc, I think
      > after seeing Viggo in The Fellowship, he really could pull it off!

      Hi there,

      The dishy Viggo Mortenson as Marc? Hmm, I never thought of that and will
      have to watch my LotR vid to check it out, though I'm still convinced that
      the smouldering Rufus would be perfect.

      > Someone suggested Alicia Witt from Cybill as Felice I think (I told
      > you I got lost in there) which is another good call. And I like
      > Nicole Kidman as Mercy, but as for Elizabeth, I see her as a
      > brunette, beautiful but not glossy. Saying that, what about Sandra
      > Bullock?

      Sandra Bullock as Elizabeth? Hmm. [heads off to check picture of Sandra
      Bullock in computer file downloaded from a Star Wars site]. Yes, she could
      do, although I still tend to think of Claudia Black as a good Elizabeth.
      *notices people scratching their heads over the Star Wars reference* Check
      out the first picture on this website which will explain all -
      http//theforce.net/humor/posters/gallery11.shtml Whenever I want a
      good giggle I have a look at that site.

      > Anyway, where was the last poll held? I didn't find it in my
      > inexpert navigating of the groups' previous discussions?

      > Regards
      > Cleomadjai

      All of the polls that have been done so far are on the JM Yahoo Group
      website...

      > -- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "nicoletteb5" <nicolel@i...> wrote:
      > > --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "Mike Vallender" <mike@v...> wrote:
      > > > Hi all,
      > > >
      > > > Thought I would drop a quick note, busy as a bee at the moment. I
      > > > finished TMCL, TGT and Intervention recently (that's all I have
      > left of
      > > > the series on my bookshelf), loved reading them again, will go
      > again
      > > > with group read, and I should be able to at least keep up by then.
      > >
      > > Hiya Mike,
      > >
      > > > Couple of Q's:
      > > >
      > > > 1. Are we going to do more polls on favorite actors for
      > characters?
      > >
      > > Good idea...after all there's plenty of characters that we can argu-
      > > er, discuss who would be the ideal actor/actress to play them.
      > >
      > > I went to see 'Signs' recently and found myself thinking that
      > perhaps
      > > Joaquin Phoenix could play a young Marc. I say 'perhaps' because I
      > end
      > > up thinking of Rufus Sewell as the perfect guy to play him...
      > >
      > > > 2. Are we still writing to Julian regarding making official
      > web site?
      > >
      > > Mmm...perhaps Leda is best at answering that question!
      > >

      > > > 3. Are we still going to make an official website?
      > >
      > > Well, for now *this* is the closest we have to an official
      > > website...unfortunately I have no web design experience or I would
      > > have constructed a JM site ages ago!
      > >

      > > High Thoughts
      > > - Nicolette :-)
      > >

      > > > Regards
      > > >
      > > > Mike Vallender

    • g.norfolk
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 8, 2002
        Er...sorry but I'm a bit ignorant here.. who did Viggo play in  LotR?

        Helen
> [...]

        > > > Couple of Q's:
        > > >
        > > > 1.    Are we going to do more polls on favorite actors for
        > characters?
        > >
        > > Good idea...after all there's plenty of characters that we can argu-
        > > er, discuss who would be the ideal actor/actress to play them.
        > >
        > > I went to see 'Signs' recently and found myself thinking that
        > perhaps
        > > Joaquin Phoenix could play a young Marc. I say 'perhaps' because I
        > end
        > > up thinking of Rufus Sewell as the perfect guy to play him...
        > >
        > > > 2.    Are we still writing to Julian regarding making official
        > web site?
        > >
        > > Mmm...perhaps Leda is best at answering that question!
        > >

        > > > 3.    Are we still going to make an official website?
        > >
        > > Well, for now *this* is the closest we have to an official
        > > website...unfortunately I have no web design experience or I would

      • Cleomadjai
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 8, 2002

          Hi Helen,

          Viggo played Arragorn (Strider) in LOTR and he was in 'A Perfect Murder' as Gwennyth Paltrow's artist lover.  He seems to adapt himself over pretty well and change his look completely.  But he has the physicality of Marc and the jawline!  Marc was a stubborn one.

          I read your earlier problem with the kids.  Just advise them to keep reading and discuss it when they get to the end.  Cause it is so involved with other little twists and turns it's really hard not to give anything away.  That would drive me nuts.  Best of luck.

          Cleomadai