Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Geographic Areas

  • bob
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2002
      Right then my little half crazed koala cuddlier (Okay I'm guessing!)

      Right there is as good a reason for leaving the Aussie's out of the books. You can't wipe out an operant society and be ready for inclusion in the Milieu now can you? Why did the British then get mentioned - and yes I'm including the Scotish and Irish - simply because of the longevity of the people living on these islands.

      In fact can anyone remember if there were any true USA planets?

      I'm not certain but as both Australia and America are 'young' countries, with a population relatively close to the original immigrants, perhaps they hadn't matured the ethno-dynamism required for there own planets and were given cosmop worlds. That was always a fudge point for me in the books, how were the planets devided, along country lines or 'racial' lines? I mean despite the Canadian French having such a huge part in the books, I don't remember any actual French planets, but there were a few Celts' mentioned.

      As to the Hawaiians, I'm pretty certain that they fell under the Polynesian grouping.

      Either way I could do with a bit of the old Hawaiian Enclave right now - if just to escape the blasted football coverage!!!

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2002
        Wasn't there some discussion about Denali being an "Alaskan" planet -
        that would be AMerican wouldn't it. I think Assawoms....(whereever
        Richard came from!) was american.

        PS all the world should know that koalas are vicious beasts that can
        attack!

        Service.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2002
          on 11/6/02 5:01 PM, clarissafarrington wrote:
          > Wasn't there some discussion about Denali being an "Alaskan" planet -
          > that would be AMerican wouldn't it. I think Assawoms....(whereever
          > Richard came from!) was american.
          >
          > PS all the world should know that koalas are vicious beasts that can
          > attack!

          Those old 'drop-bears', huh?

          Assawompset is the planet you are thinking of....it was an 'American'
          planet.
          Stewart's Milieu site had a list of all the mentioned planets...I might trot
          over there and have a look what other American planets he had listed.

          Clarissa is right about the 'Australian aboriginal metapsychic locus being
          exterminated', unfortunately.