Summary

  • bob
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12, 2002
      So how about, "Paradise Lost but based around Celts, with a lot of plot twists and some rampant uncontrolled breeding regardless of bloodlines!

      Who was it came up with the epithet; 'Inbreeders R us' again?

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12, 2002
        >Bob wrote:
        >So how about, "Paradise Lost but based around Celts, with a lot of plot twists
        >and some rampant uncontrolled breeding regardless of bloodlines!

        I like it but has anyone else got any suggestions?

        >Who was it came up with the epithet; 'Inbreeders R us' again?

        That was Nicolette!

        Leda
      • bob
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2002
          ALIENS! I forgot to mention aliens!!!

          I'd like to rephrase my suggestion to:

          "An Intergalactic 'Paradise Lost' meets 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', based around Celts, with a lot of plot twists and some rampant uncontrolled breeding regardless of bloodlines!"

          Phew...
          >So how about, "Paradise Lost but based around Celts, with a lot of plot twists
          >and some rampant uncontrolled breeding regardless of bloodlines!

          I like it but has anyone else got any suggestions?

          >Who was it came up with the epithet; 'Inbreeders R us' again?

          That was Nicolette!

        • mischa1701
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2002
            how about...

            Humans get a chance at Nirvana, but nearly cock it up.

            Mish
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17, 2002
              "An Intergalactic 'Paradise Lost' meets 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', based around Celts, with a lot of plot twists and some rampant uncontrolled breeding regardless of bloodlines!"

              Phew...

              Hiya Bob,

              Well, the summary is getting better <g>, but I confess to not having seen 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'. What was it like and how does it relate to JM's books?

              Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 5:11 AM

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 17, 2002
                You mean the words "Gort, Klatu barrada nikto," mean nothing to you?!! *Shakes head sadly at the state of today's SF youth* <GRIN>

                'The Day the Earth Stood Still' is widely regarded as being the first 'Alien Intervention' film. Basically an Intergalactic emissary by the name of Klatu and his robot, Gort (who incidentally has wicked laser vision) land in Washington after observing the planet for some time. He carries a message of goodwill and a warning to stop nationalistic aggression. After many adventures, including cutting off the worlds power as a demonstration of the forces that could be aligned against us, he leaves with the warning that Gort is in fact a member of an Intergalactic Police-force and if needs be this force will cut Earth cut off from the rest of the universe (The underlying threat is that Earth could be destroyed if proven to be a danger.)

                It along with 'War of the Worlds' and 'Forbidden Planet' is regarded by critics - and me *smile* - as one of the best of the SF films produced post war, up to the benchmark '2001 A Space Odyssey.'

                You know, I really should get out more, especially now the birds are back...

                regards

                Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 5:11 AM

                >Bob wrote:
                >So how about, "Paradise Lost but based around Celts, with a lot of plot twists
                >and some rampant uncontrolled breeding regardless of bloodlines!

                I like it but has anyone else got any suggestions?

                >Who was it came up with the epithet; 'Inbreeders R us' again?

                That was Nicolette!

              • Ian J Greely
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 17, 2002
                  Hmm,

                  How about...

                  "The Garden of Eden revisited, subtitled just how many damned apples
                  are there on this tree?"

                  Ian