Re: ...then suddenly...

  • niallperry
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2002
      I think the tumble weed is blowing away, yes there may be activity in
      this town afterall....

      I'm sure JM could write more Milieu books, it's more a case of if she
      would actually want to, didn't she say that she had done all she
      wanted with them.

      Now if she did write again, some of the places/people I'd like to
      know more about would be Akien and after the time gate closed. I'd
      also like to know exactlly how Paul "Sold New Hampshire", which I
      assume would involve a lot of activity in Concillum Orb (somewhere
      else I'd like to know more about)

      Niall

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "mischa1701" <Mischa.Welsh@c...>
      wrote:
      > there came the noise of a new Thread!
      >
      > Hi Folks...
      >
      > Do you guys think that JM could write more Milieu Books? I know the
      > story goes full circle and-all, but is there room for more. What
      areas
      > would you guys like to see discussed, envigorated, explored? Maybe a
      > sequel telling the stories of the Remillards post-Revolution, or
      what
      > happened after the timegate closed (on both ends?) or what happened
      in
      > the Duat Galaxy. Would this be a good Idea, or is it best to let
      > sleeping dogs lie?
      >
      > cheers,
      >
      > Mish
    • Claire
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2002
        Mish wrote:

        > Do you guys think that JM could write more Milieu Books? I know the
        > story goes full circle and-all, but is there room for more. What areas
        > would you guys like to see discussed, envigorated, explored? Maybe a
        > sequel telling the stories of the Remillards post-Revolution, or what
        > happened after the timegate closed (on both ends?) or what happened in
        > the Duat Galaxy. Would this be a good Idea, or is it best to let
        > sleeping dogs lie?

        I'd love more, especially now having just re-read the whole series once
        again. Any of the things mentioned above would be great.
        The part at the very end when Rogi asks Unifex, "What happens next?", and
        Unifex says, "maybe something interesting" (or words to that effect) is a
        frustrating tease to me. I'd love to hear what happens with the Lylmik and
        their human bodies; they fascinate me.

        I've often wished there was a book between "Metaconcert" and "Jack the
        Bodiless". I wanted to know more about the Intervention itself and its
        immediate aftermath, and the Simbiari Proctorship, but that wouldn't be a
        realistic bet for "more". In any case, I'd bet that JM would vote for
        letting sleeping dogs lie.

        Since I'm primarily a lurker, I want to take this opportunity to ask a
        question about something that bugs me everytime I read it. Did that deadly
        Mars incident have any significance at all? I always wondered if I just kept
        missing something.

        Claire
      • bob
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 22, 2002
          Misha wrote:

          > Do you guys think that JM could write more Milieu Books? I know the
          > story goes full circle and-all, but is there room for more. What areas
          > would you guys like to see discussed, envigorated, explored? Maybe a
          > sequel telling the stories of the Remillards post-Revolution, or what
          > happened after the timegate closed (on both ends?) or what happened in
          > the Duat Galaxy. Would this be a good Idea, or is it best to let
          > sleeping dogs lie?

          JM herself has said she doesn't have the 'mental wattage' to write another
          Exiles book. Like everybody else I find this disappointing, especially with
          all the open ended threads in the books, but hey they're her children and I
          don't have the temerity to tell her how to raise them!!.

          A few open ended threads that spring instantly to mind are:

          What happens to little 'Dagadal?'
          What happens to Mercy's Child?
          How did Marc 'evolve' in to Unifex?
          What was the impact of two new races (Three if you count the hybrids)
          stepping out of the past in to the Milieu?
          How did the Elder Earth society change with the Firvulag being defeated, The
          Tanu being diluted by Humans and the Howler population joining with Aiken
          and the open use of Milieu technology?
          What happened to the surviving Remillards and McGregors after the Rebellian
          was crushed?
          Did Rogi ever get his tubes fixed!??

          I'm sure like most people on this list, I've played out numerous conclusions
          to these scenarios in my own mind. Indeed I've thought about opening another
          section on pallol.com called 'what if' that would explore the different
          options.

          Lets just hope that her new Boreal Moon Trilogy revisits our old friends -
          as an old rumour suggests - but I wouldn't count on it!

          Still roll on august eh? *grin*
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2002
            Like Claire my pet 'if Julian May wrote another Milieu book' is the years of
            the proctorship....the years following the intervention, when the Dynasty
            grew to maturity, Paul sold New Hampshire and met Teresa. Ahh that would be
            a fascinating tale.
            Every other 'blank spot' or unfinished tale in the series that we have
            discussed at some point over the years still has a strong pull for me
            though! Agraynel's story probably fascinates me the most I think out of
            those, the more so because JM left hints and then said she was never going
            to write about it!

            August 2002 sounded so far away when we first heard about the Boreal Moon
            series, now it is almost here! It is 2002 not 2003 isn't it?