Happy New Year

  • nicoletteb5
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
      Hiya folks,

      Happy New Year! However, I'm puzzled and annoyed as to how a message
      got into this group advertising a XXX site. It's bad enough when I get
      those kind of messages sent to my email, grrr.

      Greetings to the newbies who have joined. Feel free to start a thread
      - what do you like about JM's books? What's your favourite scene? (I
      can never pick my favourite though, there's so many :-) )

      I was sad to see the message from Michaela informing us she was
      leaving - please, try and stay in touch with us :-0

      My sympathies to Leda and any others in NSW, Australia. It has been
      sad seeing the images of the horrendous bushfires on TV, and life must
      be very stressful at the moment. I can't believe how many people
      deliberately set the fires...

      Here in New Zealand we have been amazed to find that smoke from the
      fires has travelled over here (it's a three hour plane journey from Oz
      to NZ) - when you go to the beach you see a smokey haze on the
      horizon...brr.

    • bob
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
        Hi Nicollette,

        Good to hear from you again.

        I must've missed the XXX site ad, but then again my SPAM filters are set very high and the firewall here does catch most of that stuff. The group does seem quiet at the moment, I guess the Xmas holidays are taking some time to get over.

        Like yourself I've been regarding the fires on the news with a very personalised view after getting to know Leda et al here. Unlike yourself I wasn't overly surprised at the fact that they were caused in a large part by arsonists - I seldom if ever am surprised at the depths of some of the indivduals of our species, but then again I am frequently surprised by the kindness and bravery aof indivduals s well. My admiration of the Emergency Services in every country has never been higher.

        P.S. Favourite JM scenes change from reading to reading but for me, Nodonn and Aikens' final battle, and for personal reasons the Halloween Scene at the Eloquent Page coming a close second.

        Happy New Year to you and yours

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2002
          Hi all, just popping in to say Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you
          all had a great Christmas.

          The xxx site was a surprise, (probably shouldn't have been), I assume
          our illustrious moderator ;-) will sort that out when she returns to
          us.

          Looking forward to some interesting chats on all things JM and beyond
          in 2002.

          TTYL

          Niall
        • gul_hood
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 11, 2002
            Happy New Year to you all, commiserations to the Australians.

            A fave scene for me would have to either be the top of Mount
            Washington at the Intervention, or Aiken's assault on Felice's lair,
            with Marc's metaconcert program!

            Best wishes,
            Hood
          • Niall Perry
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 5, 2004
              And so another year is upon us, some of us will get a year older, and
              some of us will remain the age we were last year (oh for some of
              those Remillard genes).

              So a Peacful and Prosperous New Year to you and yours.

              Niall
            • ginnilee p berger
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 5, 2004

                On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:32:54 -0000 "Niall Perry" <niall_perry@...> writes:
                And so another year is upon us, some of us will get a year older, and
                some of us will remain the age we were last year (oh for some of
                those Remillard genes).

                So a Peacful and Prosperous New Year to you and yours.

                Niall

                Oh, do I hear you about them genes! Although, my family you either die off early, or live past a 100. And a happy new year to everyone from me and my cats ;-) Read and be merry!
                Ginnilee
                Lady Lavender of Teal
              • Mike Vallender
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 5, 2004

                  Happy New year from Sunny Melbourne.

                  Regards

                  Mike Vallender

                  -----Original Message from ginnilee p berger <ginni.berger@...>-----

                  On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:32:54 -0000 "Niall Perry" <niall_perry@...> writes:
                  And so another year is upon us, some of us will get a year older, and
                  some of us will remain the age we were last year (oh for some of
                  those Remillard genes).

                  So a Peacful and Prosperous New Year to you and yours.

                  Niall

                  Oh, do I hear you about them genes! Although, my family you either die off early, or live past a 100. And a happy new year to everyone from me and my cats ;-) Read and be merry!
                  Ginnilee
                  Lady Lavender of Teal

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Cleomadjai
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 6, 2004
                    And a wet and chilly one from London.

                    Cheers
                    Cleo

                    Mike Vallender <mike@...> wrote:

                    Happy New year from Sunny Melbourne.

                    Regards

                    Mike Vallender

                    -----Original Message from ginnilee p berger <ginni.berger@...>-----

                    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:32:54 -0000 "Niall Perry" <niall_perry@...> writes:
                    And so another year is upon us, some of us will get a year older, and
                    some of us will remain the age we were last year (oh for some of
                    those Remillard genes).

                    So a Peacful and Prosperous New Year to you and yours.

                    Niall

                    Oh, do I hear you about them genes! Although, my family you either die off early, or live past a 100. And a happy new year to everyone from me and my cats ;-) Read and be merry!
                    Ginnilee
                    Lady Lavender of Teal

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Marcelo Pereira
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 6, 2004
                      Best wishes from the hot and damp (today) Montevideo

                      Marcelo
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 6, 2004
                        Happy New Year from warm (but raining right now, bah) Auckland, New Zealand.

                        On 6 Jan 2004 at 0:32, Niall Perry wrote:

                        > And so another year is upon us, some of us will get a year older, and
                        > some of us will remain the age we were last year (oh for some of
                        > those Remillard genes).
                        >
                        > So a Peacful and Prosperous New Year to you and yours.
                        >
                        > Niall

                      • Avalon Myst
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 6, 2004
                          .... and the hot and humid Gold Coast of
                          Australia.

                          Avalon

                        • AbyssAngyl@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 6, 2004
                            In a message dated 1/5/04 4:48:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, ginni.berger@... writes:
                            And so another year is upon us, some of us will get a year older, and
                            some of us will remain the age we were last year (oh for some of
                            those Remillard genes).

                            So a Peacful and Prosperous New Year to you and yours.

                            Niall

                            Oh, do I hear you about them genes! Although, my family you either die off early, or live past a 100. And a happy new year to everyone from me and my cats ;-) Read and be merry!
                            Ginnilee
                            Lady Lavender of Teal
                            Hmmm...
                            Remillard genes would be nice. My dad is toddeling on at the ripe old age of 96, Mom passed last year at 85; Wife's dad just passed at 65, her mom is still alive & kicking and her grandmother is cruising along inher 90's (her family has long lived females, my family has long lived males... should be a long and interesting life together!) Makes me wonder what would happen if or when our chromosones got togather to do the recombination tango?

                            AHA must practice more wango tango for that to happen... thinking I might have a few Tanu genes a'la Nodonn <image of Frank & Frankenwife canoodeling in a cave>

                                Renewed vows on 01/01/03 (3rd anniversary), Told me wife "Do you know what this makes you?" "No" she replied. I said "bride of Frankenstein!" I'm still alive... barely. Needless to say we have a wicked sense of humor! Happy new years to you and yours.

                            WangoFrankenTango