Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Letter to publishers

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
      Bob wrote:
      Yup big thumbs up all round... can't wait to see the one for JM herself

      Hey, it might only take me another six months too.....*g*

      Leticia
    • nicolel@iconz.co.nz
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
        --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "bob" <pallol@b...> wrote:
        > Yup big thumbs up all round... can't wait to see the one for JM
        herself

        > Bob

        Hmm...<smiles> naturally that letter would have to start off with
        something like "O Great Creator Overlord Julian May, we, your humble
        servants..".

        Service.
      • nicolel@iconz.co.nz
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
          Hi Leda,

          It might be wise to send it to both and so have a good chance of
          getting results.

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., Leticia Anderson <leticia@r...> wrote:
          > Cool - that must be why I put both Ace and Harper Collins details
          in the
          > contact page. Should I just send it to Ace or to both?? Ace doesn't
          really
          > have a web prescence but the fire and water site is huge.
          >
          > on 15/11/01 7:24 PM, nicolel@i... at nicolel@i... wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Leda,
          > >
          > > At last we get to see the fabled Letter To Publishers ;-). Well,
          I'm
          > > happy with it. My advice on the etiquette side would be to put the
          > > website address at the top.
          > >
          > > According to the May 2001 issue of Locus JM moved from Random
          House

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
            Nicolette wrote:
            > It might be wise to send it to both and so have a good chance of
            > getting results.

            I know....I will try.

            Leticia
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 25, 2001
              Bob wrote to Evil List Mom-Girl -
              > Netiquette (don't you just love these little IT buzz words...)
              >dictates that you include your contact email on your address at
              >the top. You should also reference the url, in brackets if you
              >prefer, after the first reference to your site in the letter, but not
              >thereafter.

              Have changed as per your instructions.

              Internet (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Julian-May-discuss).

[...]

            • bob
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 28, 2001
                Greetings Evil List Mom-Girl (but we love you anyway)

                I'd suggest a couple of grammatical additions to the last two paragraphs (as listed below( but otherwise I'd advise you stop messing about and send that sucker off. *grin*

                Bob

                I would like to discuss with you the possibility of obtaining advance information about Ms May's upcoming work, release dates, reprint dates etc. as well as any public appearances or interviews dates that Ms May herself may want publicised. As a  group we would then publish that information directly on the Internet in a single site to make this information more easily accessible to her fans and potential fans across the world.

                At some point in the future, if our communication developed in that direction, we would also like to discuss with you and/or Ms May the possibility of obtaining sanction to develop an official website for Ms May's published works and history, similar to that currently enjoyed by many other authors. I believe that such a site would be an invaluable method of communication and an ideal meeting point for all people who have experienced enjoyment from reading Ms May's works.

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 28, 2001
                  Bob wrote:
                  I'd suggest a couple of grammatical additions to the last two paragraphs (as
                  listed below( but otherwise I'd advise you stop messing about and send that
                  sucker off. *grin*

                  I actually have it printed out now. But I unfortunately decided that this
                  was the perfect time to set up a label printing template in quark, I have DL
                  labels but they are too big. Of course I have no idea how to use Quark so it
                  took me a while pestering the studio to get that sorted out. I am sending
                  the same letter to Harper Collins and Ace but not saying that I wrote to the
                  other.

                  PS I am also putting List Moderator for Julian-May-discuss as my title.

                  love to all