Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Letter to publishers

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
      Cool - that must be why I put both Ace and Harper Collins details in the
      contact page. Should I just send it to Ace or to both?? Ace doesn't really
      have a web prescence but the fire and water site is huge.

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
        Bob wrote:
        Yup big thumbs up all round... can't wait to see the one for JM herself

        Hey, it might only take me another six months too.....*g*

        Leticia
      • nicolel@iconz.co.nz
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
          --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "bob" <pallol@b...> wrote:
          > Yup big thumbs up all round... can't wait to see the one for JM
          herself

          > Bob

          Hmm...<smiles> naturally that letter would have to start off with
          something like "O Great Creator Overlord Julian May, we, your humble
          servants..".

          Service.
        • nicolel@iconz.co.nz
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
            Hi Leda,

            It might be wise to send it to both and so have a good chance of
            getting results.

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 15, 2001
              Nicolette wrote:
              > It might be wise to send it to both and so have a good chance of
              > getting results.

              I know....I will try.

              Leticia
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 25, 2001
                Bob wrote to Evil List Mom-Girl -
                > Netiquette (don't you just love these little IT buzz words...)
                >dictates that you include your contact email on your address at
                >the top. You should also reference the url, in brackets if you
                >prefer, after the first reference to your site in the letter, but not
                >thereafter.

                Have changed as per your instructions.

                Internet (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Julian-May-discuss).

[...]

              • bob
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 28, 2001
                  Greetings Evil List Mom-Girl (but we love you anyway)

                  I'd suggest a couple of grammatical additions to the last two paragraphs (as listed below( but otherwise I'd advise you stop messing about and send that sucker off. *grin*

                  Bob

                  I would like to discuss with you the possibility of obtaining advance information about Ms May's upcoming work, release dates, reprint dates etc. as well as any public appearances or interviews dates that Ms May herself may want publicised. As a  group we would then publish that information directly on the Internet in a single site to make this information more easily accessible to her fans and potential fans across the world.

                  At some point in the future, if our communication developed in that direction, we would also like to discuss with you and/or Ms May the possibility of obtaining sanction to develop an official website for Ms May's published works and history, similar to that currently enjoyed by many other authors. I believe that such a site would be an invaluable method of communication and an ideal meeting point for all people who have experienced enjoyment from reading Ms May's works.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 28, 2001
                    Bob wrote:
                    I'd suggest a couple of grammatical additions to the last two paragraphs (as
                    listed below( but otherwise I'd advise you stop messing about and send that
                    sucker off. *grin*

                    I actually have it printed out now. But I unfortunately decided that this
                    was the perfect time to set up a label printing template in quark, I have DL
                    labels but they are too big. Of course I have no idea how to use Quark so it
                    took me a while pestering the studio to get that sorted out. I am sending
                    the same letter to Harper Collins and Ace but not saying that I wrote to the
                    other.

                    PS I am also putting List Moderator for Julian-May-discuss as my title.

                    love to all