4415Re: [Julian-May-discuss] New links

  • awabookz
    Aug 24, 2014

      Thanks Nicole,

      It is indeed time for me to re-read as well :-)

      I'm on the road between Texas and North Dakota at the moment, so I may finally buy in to the digital editions.

      Stopped in a used bookstore in Athens yesterday, and was happy to find a book by A. A. Attanasio I haven't read in years. I recommend Attanasio for Julian May fans. Gifted writer with some interesting kinks ;-)

      And Basil was great :-)

      All the Best, -Tony

      Sent from myMail app for Android

      Sunday, 24 August 2014, 05:51AM -05:00 from "nicolel@... [Julian-May-discuss]" <Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com>:

      Hi folks,
      I’ve recently added some new additions to the Links
      - In the Pliocene Companion, there is a list of classical
      music linked to characters / events. I’ve added a folder of links to the songs
      so they can be listened to online.
      - There is a good essay about the books in the reviews
      section (the essays website is called readthisbookd**nit)
      - Someone has created a Many Coloured Wiki.  J
      On the website Goodreads, there had been a group reading
      of ‘Many Coloured Land’, and although the link to it seems to have vanished, I remember
      someone comparing Felice to Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. Both
      characters in their own ways are based on Artemis the Huntress, although the
      thought of Felice in an actual Hunger Games is a bit scary!
      I’ve recently re-read the Exiles saga and every time I do
      so, I find something new to discover. Basil still rules.
      High Thoughts

      Mod Mom #2

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic