4409Re: [Julian-May-discuss] RE: Re: The Intervention began yesterday.

  • Stephen Nicholson
    Sep 24, 2013
      Hi there all,

      it's funny that a few years back a friend of mine was contemplating buying a Maine Coon cat here in Australia  - a rare breed downunder.

      I quickly reminded him that such cats are highly telepathic and would mentally hassle him for treats all the time.

      He looked at me quizzically until I reminded him of Julian May's work (some of which he remembered...) and explained the reference.

      I don't think he ever bought that Maine Coon cat after my warning ;-)

      I'm sure that Uncle Rogi's Marcel would have had his own popular YouTube channel by now.

      We just got a new dodgy government here in Australia. I would welcome our new Simbari overlords at this time.

      Cheers all ...

      -- Stephen (Wollongong, Australia)

      I wonder what the 'Milieu' books would have been like if the Internet or Twitter was around... now I have images of Uncle Rogi grumbling about being distracted by another cat video on Youtube. Heh.

      High Thoughts,

      - Mod Mom #2

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <julian-may-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

      We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

      We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

      The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic