Re: Den Haag/Amsterdam {Eunice - info required please}

  • sboer65
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1, 2005
      The name of the restaurant is "Kantjil en de Tijger", and the address
      is Spuistraat 291/293.
      I'll leave it to Eunice to make arrangements.

      Suzanne

      > Eunice - can you remind me/us of the details of the restaurant
      {i.e.
      > Name and Address} and let us know the time we're all meeting up
      {and
      > then make it half an hour earlier so we're not rushing the desert
      > like we normally end up doing lol}
      >
      > Bye for now,
      > Andrew
      >

      > Alex (Archer) and I will be heading over on
      > the Saturday morning and meeting Eunice in The Hague, then I will
      > be > going to sleep hopefully due to a ridiculous schedule which
      > gives me 4 hours sleep from 6am Thursday onwards - apologies for
      > inevitable grumpiness in advance ;o)(enjoy your lie in E! I'm
      > bringing my Sodalite to make sure I sleep!). I know of a few people
      > who will be going - Andrew, Sui, Alex H (Gawd how confusing will it
      > be with all us Alex types, or is it only me that answers
      > everytime?)....um anyone else? See whoever wherever whenever.
    • boogiebytch
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hi dear jooligans,
        Hope you're all well.

        The Dutch Boogie Welcoming Committee, namely Eunice and me ;-) had
        just been mailing about this issue. But thanks everyone for starting
        the discussion. :-)
        Trying to get organised, so could therefore everyone who's coming
        please add their name to the following list:

        *Who's coming to the saturday gig in The Hague, and wants to join
        the pre-concert dinner at a restaurant, (probably an Italian place) :
        Eunice & Richard, (+ possibly Katy)
        Paul
        Wendy, + dinner
        Keiko, + dinner
        Ali & Alex A.
        Andrew
        Sui
        Alex H. & Kate

        *Who's coming to the sunday gig in Amsterdam, and wants to join the
        pre-concert dinner at the usual place, Indonesian restaurant
        Kantjil & the Tijger :
        Eunice & Richard
        Paul
        Wendy, + dinner
        Margareth (aka Boogiemum), + dinner
        Keiko, + dinner
        Ali & Alex A.
        Andrew
        Sui
        Alex H. & Kate
        Liz & John
        Theo & Saskia
        Suzanne

        I've already added names from people that just mentioned they are
        coming, or that I know of, sorry if I forgot anyone, just add your
        name please.
        Could everyone please confirm they want to join the dinner, by
        adding "+ dinner" to your name, because of the necessary
        reservations. Thanks in advance for the trouble.

        Any questions regarding transport, cultural activities or other
        enquiries, just ask the tourist office ;-)))
        seriously though, you can always ask me for info offlist.

        Looking forward to having a good boogie,
        bye, bye, for now,
        Wendy, aka dutch Boogiebytch
        Ps I seem to remember that some people already arrive on the friday?
        Andrew and Sui?
      • Henderson, Alex
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1, 2005
          > *Who's coming to the saturday gig in The Hague, and wants to join
          > the pre-concert dinner at a restaurant, (probably an Italian place) :

          How are we getting to/from The Hague? Any plans?
          Kate and I will be in Amsterdam from the 10th, being tourists, so we'll
          already be in Amsterdam at the time...

          Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

          Roke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.

          The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is proprietary to
          Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
          permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
          change any contractual relationship.
        • florida33441
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 1, 2005
            Hi Sacha,
            I'm new here...up to this past Saturday, there were tickets available
            for the Paradiso. We just got ours....have you checked Ticketfast?
            Denise (South Florida)

            --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "Boer, Sacha" <S.Boer@s...> wrote:
            > Anyone else going to Paradiso?
            >
            > I'll be there If I can get my hands on a ticket,
            Suzanne........which I'm
            > afraid will be a problem, but nevertheless worth the effort :-)
            >
            > Sacha

            legally privileged. If you have received it in error please advise
            the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your
            system. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of
            this email is strictly forbidden. If you need assistance please
            contact us on +44 20 7795 7000.

            > This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Group plc.
            >
            > Registered Office: 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW
            >
            > Registered in England No 229231.
          • ali_j_green
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 1, 2005
              --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Alex" <alex.henderson@r...>
              wrote:

              > How are we getting to/from The Hague? Any plans?
              > Kate and I will be in Amsterdam from the 10th, being tourists, so
              we'll
              > already be in Amsterdam at the time...

              Hi Alex!

              Alex A and I will be arriving in Amsterdam on Saturday morning then
              are planning to get the train over to The Hague ASAP. As I remember
              from last year they go pretty frequently...but as for definite plans
              re:this I probably won't know til next week cos I'm on nights and
              can't organise a piss up in a brewery in this state. It's quite
              cheap - I think last year a single was 8 euros or summat daft.

              Anyways...if I get any further info I'll let you know. I did last
              year find the website with the train info on but it's at home and I'm
              at work.

              Ali x
            • ali_j_green
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 1, 2005
                --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "boogiebytch" <boogiebytch@h...> wrote:

                Hi Wendy

                I'm sharing rooms with Eunice both nights so I presume we'll be doing
                the meet up for dinner thingy! But I'll wait til I've conversed with
                E about it. Likewise with Alex, I'll text her tomorrow and see what
                her plans are!

                FAO everyone going: I will be wearing the 'group member with
                knackered back' this year (not sure if Wendy is joining me for this
                one!) so if you catch me dancing in my usual manner, please tap me on
                the shoulder and remind me that I will regret it for the following
                week or two :o) I WILL get through a visit to Holland without
                painkillers one year I swear.

                Ali xx

                PS people who I usually contact re:gigs - I'll email you with my
                alternative email address that I can log on to at work. And a plea
                for no-one to phone me about it til after Saturday afternoon lol cos
                you will wake me up as I'm on nights! cheers!
              • Boer, Sacha
                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 2, 2005
                  RE: [Jools] Re: Den Haag/Amsterdam

                  Hi Denise,

                  Tickets are still available indeed, but it seems I'll be playing with my own band that friday. I'm still trying to find a replacement pianist, but haven't managed yet.

                  Thanks for the effort!

                  Sacha (Apeldoorn, The Netherlands)

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/KVjolB/TM

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 2, 2005
                    --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "boogiebytch" <boogiebytch@h...> wrote:

                    > Hi dear jooligans,
                    > Hope you're all well.
                    >
                    > The Dutch Boogie Welcoming Committee, namely Eunice and me ;-) had
                    > just been mailing about this issue. But thanks everyone for
                    starting
                    > the discussion. :-)
                    > Trying to get organised, so could therefore everyone who's coming
                    > please add their name to the following list:

                    > *Who's coming to the saturday gig in The Hague, and wants to join
                    > the pre-concert dinner at a restaurant, (probably an Italian
                    place) :
                    > Eunice & Richard, (+ possibly Katy)
                    > Paul
                    > Wendy, + dinner
                    > Keiko, + dinner
                    > Ali & Alex A.
                    > Andrew
                    > Sui
                    > Alex H. & Kate
                    >
                    > *Who's coming to the sunday gig in Amsterdam, and wants to join
                    the
                    > pre-concert dinner at the usual place, Indonesian restaurant
                    > Kantjil & the Tijger :
                    > Eunice & Richard
                    > Paul
                    > Wendy, + dinner
                    > Margareth (aka Boogiemum), + dinner
                    > Keiko, + dinner
                    > Ali & Alex A.
                    > Andrew
                    > Sui
                    > Alex H. & Kate
                    > Liz & John
                    > Theo & Saskia
                    > Suzanne
                    > Denise and Mike (all the way from Ft. Laudefdale FL)+ dinner

                    > I've already added names from people that just mentioned they are
                    > coming, or that I know of, sorry if I forgot anyone, just add your
                    > name please.
                    > Could everyone please confirm they want to join the dinner, by
                    > adding "+ dinner" to your name, because of the necessary
                    > reservations. Thanks in advance for the trouble.
                    >
                    > Any questions regarding transport, cultural activities or other
                    > enquiries, just ask the tourist office ;-)))
                    > seriously though, you can always ask me for info offlist.
                    >
                    > Looking forward to having a good boogie,
                    > bye, bye, for now,
                    > Wendy, aka dutch Boogiebytch
                    > Ps I seem to remember that some people already arrive on the
                    friday?
                    > Andrew and Sui?
                  • Henderson, Alex
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 2, 2005
                      Just adding my '+dinner's and tidying it up a bit.

                      Very much looking forward to it,

                      ----
                      Trying to get organised, so could therefore everyone who's coming
                      please add their name to the following list:

                      *Who's coming to the saturday gig in The Hague, and wants to join
                      the pre-concert dinner at a restaurant, (probably an Italian place) :

                      Eunice & Richard, (+ possibly Katy)
                      Paul
                      Wendy, + dinner
                      Keiko, + dinner
                      Ali & Alex A.
                      Andrew
                      Sui
                      Alex H. & Kate + dinner

                      -----------

                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 5, 2005
                        RE: [Jools] Re: Den Haag/Amsterdam

                        Hi Sacha,

                        In order to avoid you missing out thought I ought to mention that Jools is playing in the Paradiso on Sunday the 13th.

                        Nice to hear you play in a band, tell us more about it.

                        I live quite close to Apeldoorn and go there quite often although we only ever drink in Finnegan’s or the Blues Café, which (for the record Daryl) would be a great venue for Sam Brown.

                        Maybe see you there one day too :o)

                        Laters…

                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 5, 2005

                          Have booked a table at Indonesian Restaurant Kantjil & De Tijger at 17.30.

                          For more details, including browsing the menu please visit http://www.kantjil.nl

                          I’ve booked for an initial 15 people but, like Wendy, I need to know the definite number by Friday so please fill in the list.

                          Ali: as you’re with me for both nights (hmmm! :o) I’ve put you down as a yes.

                          Many thanks

                          Trying to get organised, so could therefore everyone who's coming

                          please add their name to the following list:

                          *Who's coming to the saturday gig in The Hague, and wants to join

                          the pre-concert dinner at a restaurant, (probably an Italian place) :

                          Eunice & Katy + dinner

                          Paul

                          Wendy, + dinner

                          Keiko, + dinner

                          Ali + dinner

                          Alex A.

                          Andrew

                          Sui

                          Alex H. & Kate + dinner

                          -----------

                          *Who's coming to the sunday gig in Amsterdam, and wants to join the

                          pre-concert dinner at the usual place,  Indonesian restaurant

                          Kantjil & the Tijger :

                          Eunice & Richard + dinner

                          Paul + dinner

                          Wendy,  + dinner

                          Margareth (aka Boogiemum), + dinner

                          Keiko,  + dinner

                          Ali + dinner

                          Alex A.

                          Andrew

                          Sui

                          Alex H. & Kate + dinner

                          Liz & John

                          Theo & Saskia

                          Suzanne

                          Denise and Mike (all the way from Ft. Laudefdale FL)+ dinner

                          Martin

                          I've already added names from people that just mentioned they are

                          coming, or that I know of, sorry if I forgot anyone, just add your

                          name please.

                          Could everyone please confirm they want to join the dinner, by

                          adding "+ dinner" to your name, because of the necessary

                          reservations. Thanks in advance for the trouble.

                        • travelchampion
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 5, 2005
                            Added my name and Sui's to what I think was the last "list post" I
                            could find...but if I've gone and added our names to a list that was
                            not the final one...er, yeah - right??

                            I think I'll throw caution to the wind, live a little dangerously,
                            and try this the simple "Alex" way :

                            Shove me and Sui on the list for both The Hague and Amsterdam!!!

                            {By jove - you'll have me looking for storks and swallows next?!}

                            See you soon guys,
                            Andrew

                            PS - Wendy : Your comment : "Thanks in advance for the trouble"
                            sounds about right?! lol

                            *Who's coming to the Saturday gig in The Hague, and wants to join
                            the pre-concert dinner at a restaurant, (probably an Italian place) :

                            Eunice & Richard, (+ possibly Katy)
                            Paul
                            Wendy, + dinner
                            Keiko, + dinner
                            Ali & Alex A.
                            Andrew + dinner
                            Sui + dinner
                            Alex H. & Kate + dinner

                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005
                              Bericht
                              Well ain't this grand.......
                              All this talk of Friday made me think it was Paradiso - Friday - 13th....
                              Thank you thank you thank you, Eunice

                              In 10 minutes from now i will have ordered my tickets - if still possible - for next Sunday.

                              My band.........ooff.....long story.......I hardly think I should start that story in this group, but if you're interested, Eunice.Jan Kersepit should be able to tell you more :-)
                              Secondly......I noticed you c.c.'ed the singer of my band in one of your mails, so.......I guess you already know Crossfire.
                              The site is still down, after some changes to the band - I for one have been gone for approximately 2 yrs and just recently re-joined them. During my abcense other changes have taken place - i.e. 2 new guitarists with whom I really, really enjoy playing.
                              Last week we played the Neufhoorn up in Meppel (I'm sure you've heard of, since it's up the same alley as the Lantaarn, Jan's Bluescafe etc. ) - which was our first gig with the current formation and I think we rocked the place.

                              Obviously my mind (or agenda) is playing tricks on me, 'cause I'm not playing this Friday at all - the next gig is 23rd on some local radiostation down in Zeeland (Radio Flakkee).

                              Well.........I'm off trying to get my hands on some tickets!

                              Sacha

                              Sacha Boer

                              Senior Information Engineer

                              SILVAC B.V.

                              Schapenkamp 4

                              Postbus 2467

                              1200 CL HILVERSUM

                              Tel: 00 31 (0)35 625 7000

                              Fax:00 31 (0)35 625 7001

                              Mobiel: 0650 245 552

                              E-mail: S.Boer@... <mailto:S.Boer@...>

                              www.silvac.nl

                              SILVAC B.V. is het iSeries en IBM WebSphere Innovation Center van de Getronics Groep.

                              The information transmitted is intended only for use by the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee immediately and delete the material. Thank you.

                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005

                                List updated.

                                Have booked a table at Indonesian Restaurant Kantjil & De Tijger at 17.30.

                                For more details, including browsing the menu please visit http://www.kantjil.nl

                                I’ve booked for an initial 15 people but, like Wendy, I need to know the definite number by Friday so please fill in the list.

                                Ali: as you’re with me for both nights (hmmm! :o) I’ve put you down as a yes.

                                Many thanks

                                Trying to get organised, so could therefore everyone who's coming

                                please add their name to the following list:

                                *Who's coming to the saturday gig in The Hague, and wants to join

                                the pre-concert dinner at a restaurant, (probably an Italian place) :

                                Eunice & Katy + dinner

                                Paul + dinner

                                Wendy, + dinner

                                Keiko, + dinner

                                Ali + dinner

                                Alex A. + dinner

                                Andrew + dinner

                                Sui + dinner

                                Alex H. & Kate + dinner

                                -----------

                                *Who's coming to the sunday gig in Amsterdam, and wants to join the

                                pre-concert dinner at the usual place,  Indonesian restaurant

                                Kantjil & the Tijger :

                                Eunice & Richard + dinner

                                Paul + dinner

                                Wendy,  + dinner

                                Margareth (aka Boogiemum), + dinner

                                Keiko,  + dinner

                                Ali + dinner

                                Alex A. + dinner

                                Andrew + dinner

                                Sui + dinner

                                Alex H. & Kate + dinner

                                Liz & John

                                Theo & Saskia + dinner

                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005
                                  --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "Eunice Dovey" <eunicedovey@c...> wrote:
                                  > Ali: as you're with me for both nights (hmmm! :o) I've put you down
                                  >as a yes.

                                  LOL E! You know you're looking forward to our drunken late night
                                  conversations...have you forewarned Katy that I don't shut up?
                                  Sometimes I think I am very like Father Noel in Father Ted....

                                  Ali xx
                                • sboer65
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005
                                    --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "Eunice Dovey" <eunicedovey@c...> wrote:
                                    > List updated.

                                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ar1i1o/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
                                    6/D=gr

                                    plch/S=1705129290:HM/EXP=1110147525/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:
                                    /www.n
                                    > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
                                    >

                                    > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                                    M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=grplch/S=
                                    > :HM/A=2593423/rand=750086399>
                                    >

                                    > _____
                                    >
                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    of
                                  • sboer65
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005
                                      In addition to my last post, I'll be there too for dinner! I'd
                                      already sent a mail to Wendy, but this is the official way I
                                      understand.
                                      Suzanne

                                    • sboer65
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005
                                        Sacha, nice to hear you can make it after all (thanks to Eunice whose
                                        awake and clear-minded ;o)

                                        Suzanne

                                        --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "Boer, Sacha" <S.Boer@s...> wrote:
                                        > Well ain't this grand.......
                                        > All this talk of Friday made me think it was Paradiso - Friday -
                                        13th....
                                        > Thank you thank you thank you, Eunice
                                        >
                                        > In 10 minutes from now i will have ordered my tickets - if still
                                        possible -
                                        > for next Sunday.

                                        >snip snip<
                                      • Forrest Hansen
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005

                                          Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:45 AM
                                          Subject: [Jools] Re: Lets get organised re: Den Haag/Amsterdam

                                          Andrew wrote:
                                          "{By jove - you'll have me looking for storks and swallows next?!}'

                                          Yes all eyes peeled please! As much help needed as possible ;o)

                                          Forrest had a very good point though, I shall find out if it counts (I suppose it
                                          does as they once walked the earth). Forrest did you get the hootenanny DVD
                                          in the end?

                                          Love Alex
                                          xxx
                                          Not yet, Alex, working on my BoogieWoogieMIDIWorks group with Roddy Campbell, and stem cells in medical group, sort of balance each other, ya knows.  Did see one DVD ad which said region 1 covered USA, Canada, Japan, Mexico and Territories which I think means the far North here.

                                          Try walking through a Natural History Museum with birds. heh heh

                                          If anyone with PowerPoint wants to see the snow recently in Boston, let me know, it is something.  Tie in is to the griping [smile] about snow in Europe.

                                          kjaere elske    Forrest

                                        • Eunice Dovey
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Mar 6, 2005
                                            Hi Alex,

                                            Well I'll be leaving here early on Saturday morning in order to meet up with
                                            Ali and Alex at around 10.
                                            Trains between Amsterdam to Den Haag Central are fairly regular ( they even
                                            run through the night) check out www.ns.nl for details.
                                            There are no plans, that I know of, for the afternoon although if anyone
                                            wants to go to go to Crazy Pianos that's fine by me.
                                            It's a lovely venue and you get to see the sea and get blasted sideways by
                                            the wind, sounds like fun hey?

                                            See you soon

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Mar 7, 2005
                                              --- In Jools@yahoogroups.com, "Eunice Dovey" <eunicedovey@c...> wrote:
                                              you get to see the sea and get blasted sideways by
                                              > the wind, sounds like fun hey?

                                              Yes it was great fun last year with a monster hangover and ear
                                              infection!!!! :o) It really did make me feel a bit more alive!!!
                                              Highly recommended if anyone feels a bit fragile on Sunday before
                                              heading back over to Amsterdam ;o)

                                              Ali xx