Johntons in Tasmania

  • Islay
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hullo everyone.

      I'm new too and am over here in Western Australia.  I'm looking for the descendants of my great great grandfather Allan Johnston from the island of Coll who migrated to Tasmania on the ship "Persian" in 1857 with his sons Malcolm Malcolm (age 25) and Allan (21) and daughter Mary(23).. Allan Snr was age 57 and a widower.

      I'm a member of the Western Australian Genealogical Society and work as a volunteer in its library. Anyone wanting  information re W.A. is welcome to get in touch with me and I'll do my best to find an answer.

      Islay Kelly