johnston/mateish/fullick Taree/Newcastle area

  • kitkat1305
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18 5:34 AM
      Hi,

      I am doing some research on the Johnston's that lived in the
      Taree/Newcastle area.

      My mother is a Johnston and was born in Murwillumbah in 1959.

      Her Father was Garry Desmond Johnston born in 1933 in Newcastle? And
      Died in Brisbane in May 1999. He was one of 7 children.

      His Father was Hugh Hercules Johnston born in 1911, who married
      Melda Margaret Mateish in 1930 in Taree. He was a carpenter. Hugh
      was one of 5? Children. I believe he had a sister May Johnston who
      died in Newcastle at age 21, and was albino, and is possibly buried
      at Sangate Cemetary Newcastle.

      Melda's parents were William David Mateish, and Kathleen Clarke.

      Hugh's parents were George Hercules Johnston, and Dinah Ann Fullick
      (1884,other documents state Diana Ann or Anne Fullick). George was
      a Shunter/Railway Guard, and Dinah was a Tailoress. They were
      married in Newcastle in 1906.

      George's parents were Hugh Johnston who was a butcher, and Sarah
      Davis.

      Dinah's parents were Henry Fullick, and Mary Elizabeth Reece
      (Rees). She had a sister (Hannah Fullick,1886) and a brother (Henry
      Fullick, 1888).

      I can trace the Fullick's back to 1760, however, can't seem to find
      anything else on the Johnston's or Mateish Family After Hugh
      Johnston and Sarah Davis.

      Can anyone help?
      Katrina Kenny