John Johnston of Hobart

  • lornajj47
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hello all,

      John Johnston was a coach builder by trade, in Hobart in the 1840s.
      He married Maria Mather in 1841 and had 5 children:
      Sarah Eleanor b. 1841
      Esther Emily b. 1844
      John David b. 1845
      Lydia Alice b. 1847
      Samuel Henry b. 1848.

      My husband is a descendant of both Sarah Eleanor and Esther Emily
      because his grandmother married her cousin. The husbands of these
      two girls are my main focus at the moment, but I would be interested
      to hear from anyone who knows of this family and the origins of John
      JOHNSTON.

      Lorna.