Johnston at Rushworth,Vic

  • storeyboy2
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2005
      Hi all,
      I'm new and this is my first post. James Johnston b.27 Nov.1827 in
      Greenock, Ren. SCOT, 5/7 to John Johnston & Sarah MacViccar. Arr. in
      Vic. on 13 May.1853 per 'Eliza'. He married 23 Sept.1859 at Scots
      Church, Melb.--'Jessie'( Janet )Jack who sailed with sister, or
      cousin, Anne on the 'Conway', assisted passage, arr.Sept.1858. She
      was b.3,Oct.1833 at Avoch( say'Awck')the BlackIsle,Rosshire,SCOT.
      Both parties resided at Rushworth. James a miner at'Cockatoo Reef',
      and Jessie a servant.
      Their family was 6 children, all surviving, from 1859-1871. The last
      born May 17,1871 was my G-Mother, Jessie Jack Johnston. The first
      five were Christina, b.Dec,1859,d.1956,Bendigo ( as Johnson ). Next
      was Lewis,b.Jan 1862. Next was John,b.Nov1863( settled Geelong ).
      Next was James b.Feb,1866. Next was Alexander b.Feb,1869.
      I know nothing of Lewis, James & Alexander. Can anyone help? Are
      there any relations out there? Love to hear from any!!!
      Regards, Trevor in Perth.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2005
        G'day Trev, there mightn't be a hit but at least you are using one local
        resource. As you'd know the Johnston surname is almost but not as common as
        "Smith" but apart from surnames there are many geographical resource sites
        apart from any local [AU] areas.

        I'll do some look up's in my CD collection
        Don in Melbourne

      • storeyboy2
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2005
          --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Don Johnston"
          <petenv@o...> wrote:
          > G'day Trev, there mightn't be a hit but at least you are using one
          local
          > resource. As you'd know the Johnston surname is almost but not as
          common as
          > "Smith" but apart from surnames there are many geographical
          resource sites
          > apart from any local [AU] areas.
          >
          > I'll do some look up's in my CD collection
          > Don in Melbourne
          > Thanks a heap,Don, I really appreciate your help
          Trev in Perth