George Latimer Johnston

  • Anne Eccles
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11 12:49 AM
      I am researching the family of George Latimer Johnston and his wife Ann
      Stephenson. George L Johnston was born abt 1810 in Dublin(?)(according to
      death certificate). He married Ann Stephenson bn abt 1808 place unknown on
      the 16 Jan 1832 at Westminister London. They arrived in Australia 10 August
      1832 on "The Florentia". (Just to be confusing there was two George
      Johnston's and wifes on the ship)
      Their first son George William Johnston was born 29 Oct 1832 in Sydney NSW.
      Their second son, Thomas Charles Johnston was born 3 Jun 1836 in Sydney
      and their last child was Sophia A Johnston bn 27 Jul 1839.
      George Latimer Johnston died on 22 Jun 1882 and is buried on a property near
      Wellington NSW.
      I have not been able to find a death for Ann Johnston nee Stephenson.
      Nor do I know anything about Thomas Charles or Sophia A Johnston. The only
      information I have is from George Latimer Johnston's death certificate which
      states that in 1882 two sons were living and 1 daughter was decreased.
      I have a lot of information on George William Johnston and his descendants
      and would love to hear from anyone who may be connected to Thomas Charles or
      Sophia.
      Regards
      Anne Eccles
    • laurel_lodge
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21 4:10 AM
        Anne,
        He died at Gunegaldrie via Wellington.
        He was a tutor.
        Further information may be available from
        rcking@...
        This information was published in First Families 2001, which is no
        longer on the net.
        Best wishes.
        Bill
      • Anne Eccles
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21 10:44 PM
          Thnaks Bill for your reply.
          RC King is my cousin and we grew up on neighbouring properties. In fact the properties are very close to 'Gunnegaldrie" and I pass George Latimer Johnston's grave when visiting my parents.
          My brickwall is what became of Thomas Charles Johnston and Sophia Adam Johnston, children of George Latimer Johnston?
          I hope that one day some descendant of them will find my messages and contact me.
          Regards
          Anne Eccles