[JohnstonAustralia] Database Updated

  • Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
      Message
      Hi Everyone

      I  have now updated the spreadsheet for February  in  the 'Files' section on the Group page.
      The file contains information taken from emails to date.  The
      database is an Excel file;  next update will be  early  March  if necessary

       PLEASE DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO THE FILE ON THE WEBPAGE.   Instead of opening the file, save it to your computer when prompted, and then open from there  and use as you wish . Send all changes  in written form  to the group or to Lorna  at snag@....

      In order to allow you to sort the file I was unable to add a header row.  Therefore notes are in the form of a footer. Read the footer
      by either printing the file or clicking on 'print preview'.

      I have only included information on persons arrived or born in Australasia. Any other relevant information is in the Relationship' column. (e.g.Son 4 indicates he was the son of the person at number  4 )

      For those unfamiliar with Excel, instructions to sort the file are:
      1. Firstly click on the column you wish to sort by.
      2. Click on the DATA menu. This will bring up a box.
      3. Choose your sorting criteria.
      4. Click 'Header Row'
      5. Click 'OK'.

      I have sorted by 'firstname' but you might find it useful to sort
      by 'ship' or 'birthplace'.  To place in families do a sort
      by 'no.', they will then be displayed in the order in which I have
      entered them.  Remember, any sorting should be done after you have
      saved the file to your computer.

      If I have made any errors, or you would like any changes, please let me know.

      Please contact me if you have any problems.

      Lorna.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2005
        Message

        Well Done Lorna, for those “Johnno’s” who haven’t yet accessed Lorna’s important creation it’s a sensational first for the Johnno’s in the AU/NZ region, the database now comprises five [5] pages and ill grow as time goes on !.

        I can only re-iterate Lorna’s request and it is on a Trust basis! – Please do not alter or change the on-line Database, rather you are free to download it, save it onto your own PC and peruse it at your will, again – if you wish to have changes, modifications, deletions or better still – additions, please email the data to Lorna at snag@...

        Best Wishes

        Don in Melbourne AU

        <Snip>