Lost Johnstons

  • Les Hewett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2005

      -----Original Message-----
      From: keith hardy [mailto:urskei.hardy@...]
      Sent
      :
      Sunday, 23 January 2005 7:08 a.m.
      To: ljhewett@...
      Subject: Our elusive
      JOHNSTONS

      I have been researching my wife's ancestors for quite a while with only limited success and hope you may able to help.

      My wife's grandmother (Agnes J ) was one of nine children (8 girls and 1 boy) of John JOHNSTON, born in Gladsmuir in 1835 and Helen BERTRAM, born in Haddington in 1833. The children were all born in Tranant or Inveresk near Edinburgh between 1859 and 1879. I have unearthed a good deal of information on 6 of the siblings, including one in Canada, who mentiones a family belief that one may have emigrated to NZ.  The possibles would be Janet (b.1864), James (b. 1874) and Catherine Fraser (b. 1879).

      Unfortunately I have no idea when any of them may have emigrated but I hope you may be able to suggest some lines I might pursue.

      Hope you don't mind being approached out of the blue like this.

      Keith (in Essex, England)