william johnston

  • Margaret Lavelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
      i am a descendant of william johnston born auchenleck ayreshire circa 1819. sailed to port phillip free settler on the ship david clarke, in 1839.married flora McCormick 1846, at darebin creek, eldest son william born 1847 at donnybrook was my grandfather. Ellen Kyle was my grandmother. my father william john was born at wallan 13/3/1878.
    • Elizabeth Augereau
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2009
        Hello everyone,

        I think I may have found death of the William Johnston I was looking for, at long last ....

        5571/1926 JOHNSTON WILLIAM WILLIAM 65 YRS FALCONER REDFERN

        Could anyone please help in finding the cemetery where he is buried ???
        A thousand thanks in advance

        Liz Augereau
        Cognac, France

        Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/transfert_mails.html
      • jhcgac@yahoo.com.au
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2009
          Hello Elizabeth ,Hi I'm Julie in Australia. The easiest way to find info about your William is to request a Transcription of his Death from an agent. On it you should get Date of death, Parents, Spouse, What he died of and where he was buried. This will cost $17 Australian I have added an agent's email for you to enquire...Julie

          JOY MURRIN Family History Services

          PO Box 278  Oatley  NSW 2223

          Phone (02) 9585 1187  Fax (02) 958 51486

          Email: joy@...

          Website: www.joymurrin.com.au

          I think I may have found death of the William Johnston I was looking for, at long last ....

          5571/1926 JOHNSTON WILLIAM WILLIAM 65 YRS FALCONER REDFERN

          Could anyone please help in finding the cemetery where he is buried ???
          A thousand thanks in advance

          Liz Augereau
          Cognac, France

          Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs. yahoo.com/ mail/transfert_ mails.html

          Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.
        • B & L Jones
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2009
            Hi Liz

            On the Australian Genealogical Computer Index there is a cemetery transcript at St Peters East (Sydney?) for a William Johnston who died 22 Jul 1926.  The event noted on the transcript is 'death at sea'.  The record is held by the Society of Australian Genealogists, reference B7/11/23 page 41. I'm not sure where St Peters East is. You could write to the Society of Australian Genealogists for more details info@... but there may be a fee.

            Lorna

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
              Hello again everyone,

              Further to all the messages sent in reply to my questions, thank you very much for everyone for their help - I ordered the death cert and discovered that my William Johnston died in April 1926 and was cremated at Rookwood NSW.
              According to same cert, he was secretary of the Union Club ........

              Many thanks again, Liz