Johnson/Johnston's in Sydney/NSW

  • naomi
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      Very pleased to see this new site, thanks to the organisers.
      I am researching the two husbands of my husband's aunt, who
      curiously both had the same surname, one with and one without
      the "t".

      1) John Edward Johnson, originally from San Francisco, whose parents
      were Edward and Sophie (maiden name unknown). He married Margaret
      Fredericke Amelie Woelms at North Richmond, NSW, in 1904. They had
      several children, listed on her death certificate in 1965 as: George
      58 yrs, Raymond R 53 yrs, Violet M. A. deceased, and William B.
      deceased. Their first-born son John Charles Edward, died in 1928,
      aged 23 yrs. Do any of these names ring a bell with anyone?

      2) Bertie William Johnston, a coalminer from Bulli, NSW. Bertie and
      Margaret married in 1941, and were without issue. This was Bertie's
      only marriage. His parents were John Johnston (born at Gerringong,
      NSW) and Marion Malcolm (born at Geelong, Victoria).
      Cheers,
      Naomi Pettiford.
    • petenv@optusnet.com.au
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004