Introduction as a new member

  • hebbscj
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2013
      Hi JohnstonAustralia group

      I am researching my (presumably)Scotch-Irish roots and one branch is Johnston from Knockroe, Drumkeeran parish, near the town of Ederny in Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. The trail goes cold at around 1800 with my g-g-g-grandfather Frank Johnston.
      When I learned about the protestant plantation I realised that this side of my family were probably not 'Irish' in origin at all. That got me thinking about proving the connection to Scotland but I haven't done DNA testing as I am a Johnston descendant through my maternal line.
      Are there any in the group descended from Frank or William Johnston who also farmed at Knockroe?
      Cheers
      Cheryl

    • Michael Carr
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2013
        Hi Cheryl

        There is a test at familytreedna called Family Finder $99  if you may a match with a person of the Johnston Clan in Scotland.
        This test covers all branches of your family, it is probably the most revealing test of all available.

        Regards

        Michael Carr