Lt George Johnston (First Fleet)

  • Ross Tester
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 3:23 AM
      Hi

      My mother's maiden name was Johnston and it has long been family folklore that we were descended from Lt George Johnston who arrived in Australia on the Lady Penrhyn (first fleet). He had a number of children by a convict, Esther Abrahams, before finally marrying her under some pressure from his superiors.
      The problem is I cannot find any link between him and our family although many have tried. Has anyone done a family tree starting with Lt George Johnston which I might be able to work out if there really is a link? My grandfather was Percy Hughes Johnston of Manly NSW, died in Malta 7 July 1955.