BENNET, JOHNSTON, MANDERSON, ETC.

  • Les Hewett
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2010
      BENNET, JOHNSTON, MANDERSON, ETC.

      Don’t know if this will help you. I am ore interested in the Bennett side of the family than the Johnston I do have this info on the . Benjamin Joanna and children travelled to N.Z. on the ship Wellington arriving in Otego Feb.1789. William and Joan Sharp married 04 11 1859 Lasswade Midlothian. Children Thomas b27/04/1860 Dunbar. Georgina Kirkwood 28/07/1861 Dunbar Isabella 20/09/1863 Chirnside.  John Sharp 02/07/1865 Chirnside. William Johnston  seemed to disappear. Joanna Sharp parent where John Sharp and Georgina Girdwood (possible misspelled for Kirkwood) I think there also could have been a son Benjamin to Joanna and William in 1862 but will have to see where I got that info from. Have the names of Joanna’s brothers and sisters. Will check through and see what other information I have. Hope this might help you.  Karen Higgison

      Trying to help an enquirer with this 2006 appeal from OZ. Les H.